16

After Jungkook hung up on me, I kept trying to call him back, hoping that he would anwser and then give me a chance to explain everything. And then, around eight o'clock, my phone calls started going directly to voicemail.
I just told myself that his phone had died, even though it  was more likely that he'd blocked my number. I cried myself to sleep that night, once again feeling incredibly stupid that I let Sooji talk me into this.
When I woke up the next morning, I put on concealer and some other things to help hide the puffiness under my eyes. It was just me in the house because my parents had gone last minute Christmas shopping. I think they also wanted some alone time together since they both worked so much.
I was sitting by myself in the living room watching a Christmas movie but not really watching it (you know how that is) when someone knocks on the front door. I ignore it at first, thinking it's nothing but the mailman when there's another knock at the door.
I sigh and get up from the couch, wondering what whoever it is could want as i walk to the front door.
My breath catches in my throat as i look through the peephole and see Jungkook standing there. I stare for a couple minutes, wondering if I'm dreaming when he  looks up at the door and I swear it's like our eyes lock, even though I know he can't see me through the peephole.
"What do you want?" I ask, raising my voice so that he can hear me through the door.
"To talk to you." Jungkook replies.
I look down at my oversized white tshirt and pajama shorts, subconsciously running my hands through my hair to try and fix it.
"I look like a mess." I say softly.
A silence follows, going on for so long that I begin to think Jungkook didn't hear me.
"Its ok; I don't mind." Jungkook finally says.
So with a deep breath, I unlock the door and open it, exhaling softly as i take in Jungkook standing infront of me. I blush slightly as Jungkook looks me over.
"You look so different." He muses softly after a moment.
"In a bad way?" I ask.
Jungkook shakes his head. "You look more natural."
Another silence falls over us, but this one is awkward. Jungkook clears his throat. "Can I come in?"
I bite my lip and nod, stepping aside to let him in. Jungkook steps inside, glancing around as i lock the door.
"Are your parents home?" He asks.
"No. They went out shopping." I reply.
"So did mine; Sooji went with them too," Jungkook looks away from me. "I guess that shows how much she really doesn't like me. You said she doesn't like our parents but she'd rather be with them over me."
"Did you...?" I trail off as Jungkook looks at me.
"No, I didn't tell her I know everything." Jungkook says.
Jungkook was looking at me wearily, like how someone who's afraid of roller coasters looks at one they're being forced to ride.
"I'm sorry Jungkook. I never should've done this to you." I say.
"Then why did you?" He asks.
I sigh. "I just...i wanted to help my friend. Sooji always comes to school with some new story about how your parents were praising you, or so lucky to have you. All she ever wanted was some recognition or some praise. To feel loved." I add softly.
"That's her side of the story," Jungkook says, not unkindly. "She left out the part where she used to get into fights at our high school, how she was expelled from University last year  and how she caused me to lose my offer from Cube Entertainment."
"She..what?" I ask, shocked.
Its seems weird now, but I've never asked Sooji why she and her family moved to Seoul two years ago. I guess I just always assumed they moved here because her parents wanted to be.
Jungkook nods.
"But why?" I ask.
"Sooji has always been like that. But I don't feel like going into details with a stranger." Jungkook says.
His words hurt but I try to brush them off.
"I just want to know one thing and then I'll be on my way," Jungkook pauses for a moment, regarding me carefully. "I just want to know that you won't go to the media about any of this."
"No, of course I won't. I meant it when I said that I liked you...and I still do." I say.
"I meant it too. But I don't think I can trust you anymore. You really hurt  my feelings." Jungkook says, letting his guard down for a moment to show how hurt he really was.
"I'm sorry..." I trail off, trying to hold back my tears.
"Sometimes sorry isn't enough." Jungkook replies.
I look up as he approaches me, my breath hitching in my throat as he hugs me.
"For what it's worth, I forgive you. But I don't think this will work out between us. I wish you the best though." Jungkook says.
"I wish you all the best too." I mumble, wrapping my arms around his waist.
Jungkook pulls away after a moment, and smiles sadly at me.
"I guess this is goodbye." He says softly.
I nod. "Yeah I guess it is."
I follow Jungkook to the door, standing to the side as he opens it.
"Goodbye. Try not to let Sooji get you into anymore trouble ok?" Jungkook says lightly, almost teasingly as he turns to look at me.
I smile slightly. "I won't, I promise."
"Pinky promise?" Jungkook says, holding up his pinky and grinning when lock mine with his.
"Pinky promise." I say sincerely.
"Goodbye Mijoo. Is that even your real name?" Jungkook asks curiously.
I shake my head. "Its Mijae."
Jungkook smiles softly. "Well, goodbye Mijae."
I smile slightly and nod, unable to speak. Its not until Jungkook actually leaves and I lock the door that I begin to cry.
"Goodbye Jungkook." I mumble to myself.

The End 💖

I hope you enjoyed it

Ahhh of course the teaser comes out while I'm at work. I can't wait to get home and watch it