Chapter 4 (tricked)

Hey everybody! This chapter was written by avdance go check out her story "Secrets of Star Academy." Hope you enjoy this chapter!

They had been tricked. There was no Raine. It was fake.
Adeline fell to the ground and started sobbing.
"Why? Why Raine?" She cried.
Minutes passed and Adeline finally stood up, breathing quickly.
"We need to figure out a way to get Raine back" she stated.
"Ya. Ya we do. Anybody have any ideas?" Piper wondered.
"Aren't you supposed to be the smart one?" Oakley said.
"Guys, stop!" Adeline shouted, making her voice echo around the empty alley way.
Piper and Oakley turned to look at Adeline, surprised their friend had the strength to yell when she had just been on the ground sobbing.
"We need to get along. We need to find Raine. We aren't doing this for us, we're doing this for Raine." Adeline stated.
Piper and Oakley looked at each other and nodded their heads in agreement.
"Thank you," Adeline smiled, "now, how are we gonna find her?"
"Maybe the abductor gave us the wrong address?" Oakley said.
"Or, maybe it's the right address, just written in the wrong way." Piper said, slowly, as if she didn't even understand what she was saying.
Adeline and Oakley had no idea what Piper was talking about so they stayed silent, telling her to go on.
"Well," Piper started, "Maybe it's not 5683 Albert Drive. Maybe you have to switch the numbers around. Like, what if the address is 8653 Albert Drive."
"Got it!" Oakley exclaimed, "that's a real address."
"Well then why are we standing here?" Adeline said, as the girls were already running to her car.
They were barely in their seats when they were already driving the car down the road to 8653 Albert Drive.
They drove for 20 minutes until the came to a run-down motel on the side of the road. They got out of the car and ran to the door, hoping that they had found Raine. A middle-aged lady with red hair and pale skin answered the door.
"Hi!" Oakley smiled, "do you happen to have a girl named Raine staying here?"
"Raine... no. No Raine. But you girls seem tired. Come, stay for a night. I'll even give you a discount!" The lady said in a raspy voice.
Adeline, Oakley, and Piper were hesitant but they decided to stay for the night to brainstorm more ideas about where Raine might be.
"Ok. We'll stay for the night," Piper said, "but how much does it cost?"
The lady quickly got a chequebook and calculator out of her pocket.
"Um, it will cost $150 dollars." She said.
"Oh wow. We don't have that much money." Adeline said, disappointed.
"Wait, this says 15. It will cost $15." The lady said as she shook her head.
"Oh, ok! We have that much." Oakley said, pulling out cash and walking through the door of the motel.
The lady smiled as Piper and Adeline followed Oakley through the door to the front desk.
"Here is your key and your room number is 3568." The lady said as she handed the girls their key.
Piper, Oakley and Adeline walked up the carpet stairs to room 3568 and opened the door to see one, small bed, a couch, a tv, a half bathroom and a mini fridge.
They walked in the room and all sat down in a circle on the small bed.
"I don't like this place." Adeline worriedly said.
"Stop being a worry-wart, Addy." Piper said, rolling her eyes.
"I'm just not getting a good vibe from any of this." Adeline sighed.
"Guyssss...," Oakley whispered, "3568 is another way to write 5683. What if the lady is involved with Raine's loss?"
Piper and Adeline looked at each other, and Adeline gave Piper an "I told you so" look.
"Can we leave now guys?" Oakley stuttered.
Without even saying a word, Adeline and Piper sprang up off of the bed. Oakley followed after them and they all ran down the stairs and to the front desk.
"Excuse me, but we can't stay here." Oakley panted.
"Why not girly?" The lady asked as she stood up and locked the front door.
Piper, Oakley and Adeline realized the lady was a part of Raine's kidnapping and they were terrified. They had to leave right away.
Adeline started running back up the stairs with Piper and Oakley right behind her and the lady on their tail. They made it up the stairs and into an open room. The lady was close behind and they were going to get taken if they didn't get out of the building. They saw an open window and all looked at each other. Piper gave and nod, and altogether they ran to the window and jumped.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to follow me avdance and check out my story "Secrets of Star Academy"! Thanks so much for reading! Byyee 🤗