Newt | Child

Y/N p.o.v.

"Y/N, we need you here!" One of my colleagues yells at me. I quickly start to type some things on my computer while looking suspiciously around to see if anyone sees what I'm doing but it seems that no one notices that I'm typing a secret code in the video of Ava Paige, telling the almost escaped that the sacrifice was for good reasons. 

It's bullshit. 

I hope one of the gladers sees the message in the video so they know. I want them to really escape WICKED. Their 'rescuers' will say that they're safe from WICKED here but that isn't true at all. I want to stop WICKED and so my dad, whose name is A.D. Janson, and that makes it my name too. Y/N Janson. It sucks but it has its benefits. My dad didn't want me to go to one of the mazes so he made me a co-worker. 

After some time we get the report that the 'group A subjects' are on the Berg to the main building where we are. We can exit this lab and go wherever we want if it's inside this building. But I know exactly where I want to go and where I need to go. I'm going to watch the gladers get the tour from my dad and after that, I'm going to help the doctors here to give the gladers the vitamins they've to fall short of in the maze because "my dad told me so". I've noticed that Newt and maybe Thomas have seen the message so I'm going to give them their missing vitamins. 

I walk out of the lab as soon as the doors unlock and I go to my room to change into a white lab coat which the doctors wear too. I grab the small transceiver every WICKED worker has to communicate with others and to talk through a speaker in a certain room. On the small screen, it shows that berg 0179 has arrived. That's where the gladers are in. I rush to the elevator that brings me to the ground floor and as soon as I arrive there I see my dad and the gladers stand in front of me. That tour wasn't as long as it used to be apparently. My dad smiles and enters the elevator, after which the gladers follow. Well, this is awkward. 

"Hello Y/N," My dad greets me so I smile awkwardly back. "How was your day?" 

"Fine," I answer shortly. The gladers seem to not say anything but they just look at me like I'm the first person they've ever seen. 

An awkward two minutes later we exit the elevator and walk to the room where the doctors are ready. I need an excuse why I'm gonna help the doctors today. 

"I'm gonna try to help the doctors today, is that alright?" I ask my dad carefully making him smile. 

"It's good that you're willing to help so much, dear," He responds as he exits the room, leaving me with the gladers and some doctors. They all stare at me again until I open my mouth.

"You and you are coming with me," I point at Newt and Thomas as I turn around and walk to one of the empty places. The other doctors help the other gladers while I point at the two chairs for them to sit down on. Newt and Thomas look confused at each other before sitting down. I close the curtains around the small space and turn back around to face them. I hope they'll trust me. "Hi, I'm Y/N and I'm gonna talk to you two and you need to answer honestly," I warn them and I grab two syringes filled with vitamins.

"Have you ever done that before?" Newt asks me, pointing at the syringes in my hands and I nod.

"Of course, I'm not that unprofessional," I smile and walk towards them. "Lay your arm on the right-hand rail and relax because otherwise, it's going to hurt," They do what I say and I begin with Newt his arm. I take his hand to lay it still and hold the syringe ready. "You can pinch if it hurts," I say referring to my hand in his and he nods while looking at me. I inject the syringe carefully and I feel his hand clench around mine while he keeps looking at me. I put a cab in the back of the syringe which makes it connected to a bag with clear liquid where more vitamins are in. He finally lets go of my hand and he blushes lightly.