Newt | Who is it?

"Truth or dare?" All eyes were on me when Minho asked me that question with a smirk on his lips. We were playing truth or dare, obviously, to complete the bonfire night. The new greenie was playing too even though he still seemed a little tired from this hectic day. Everyone was looking at me, waiting in anticipation for my answer. 

Newt, who sat next to me, was also looking up to me with big doe eyes. His lips were slightly puckered and his hands were folded on his lap as he leaned a little forward.  But he isn't as cute as he seems. I learned that the hard way when he dared me to pour a bucket of ice-cold water on myself, and then he didn't let me change into warmer clothes. He's truly evil behind his cute, squishy face.

They liked to tease me and make me do stupid stuff in this game but not tonight. The only thing they were getting from me was answers because I chose truth all night. There were not getting me tonight!

"Truth," You smiled teasingly as they all groaned. You stuck your tongue out to Minho who was now glaring at you. 

"Well, I didn't prepare a good truth question for you so we're gonna go with the classic," He leaned back as he sighed. I think we all know what question he's going to ask. 

"Dear, Y/N, do you have a favorite glader in the glade?"

Okay, I wasn't expecting that question but he still made one grave mistake by asking it like that. My face dropped your smile for a second but then a smirk appeared, making Minho, who sat across of me, raise his eyebrows at. 

"Yes," I answered honestly. Of course, I had a favorite but as long as I don't have to tell them who, they'll never know. It was silent for a few seconds until Minho spoke up again.

"Are you going to tell us who?" He asked, leaning forward, obviously hoping it's him. I leaned forward too before I answered him again.

"Well, that wasn't the question, was it?" I heard Alby chuckle a few gladers away so both Minho and I looked at him questioningly.

"They got you there, Minho. And sadly it's time to tuck in and sleep because it's going to be a long day tomorrow," Alby stood up and clapped his hands. "Off to bed everyone," Whilst groaning, everyone stood up and made their way to the hammocks. A few gladers high-fived me for my answer and some teasingly bumped into me with their shoulder. 

I waited for Newt to stand up and go with him like I always do. We always wait for each other because of some unspoken rule. I think you can already guess who my favorite here is. I think I love him. I care for him like no other and I always try to make him feel his best so he can work and be happy here. 

He slowly got from his place and walked over to me. Everyone else sprinted to their beds so only Newt and I were left. He looked down, not piercing into my eyes like he usually does. 

"You okay?" I asked carefully and he nodded. I slowly nodded, a little confused, as well before walking with him to the our beds in the homestead. He was faster than usual when we took our time to talk a little before getting yelled at by Alby to hurry up. When we got to our rooms, his room was next to mine, he told me a quiet 'goodnight' and then entered his room without looking at me. I frowned at his weird behavior. He was never like this. 

I entered my room as well and took off the hoodie I always wore and laid in bed. I knew Newt's bed and my bed were next to each other, just separated by the thin wooden wall so I faced the wall. Was he upset because I said I have a favorite glader? But he couldn't be, right? He just likes me as a friend. Or maybe he thinks I have a better best friend in the glade than him. Maybe he saw the way Minho always makes funny faces when I talk to Newt but took it the wrong way.

I can't go to sleep like this, knowing Newt is upset about something. I stepped out of bed, exited my room and knocked on Newt's. 

"Newt, can I lay with you?" I whispered, trying not to wake Alby, who was sleeping in the room next to Newt's. It was silent for a second but then I heard a soft 'come in'. I opened the door to the dark room and saw Newt already in bed, his orang-ish hoodie on the chair in the corner. He scooted over a bit so I could lay next to him as we often do. I quickly slid in his bed and felt as he laid one arm under my head and the other over my middle. It made my heart beat a lot faster than normal.

"Can't sleep?" He asked softly with a husky bed-voice. I just nodded and smiled content when he kissed the top of my head. We stayed silent for a bit but then I asked.

"Are you upset?" 

"No, why?" He answered quickly.

"You just seemed different back there, after Truth or Dare," I told him honestly. He shuffled around a bit to find another comfortable position. 

"I-I didn't-" He didn't really know what to say. It was silent again. We both didn't know what to say next, but I really wanted answers so I knew everything was okay between us.

"Was it because I said I have a favorite glader?" I heard Newt sigh in defeat. So it was because of that. 

"Fine, it was because of that," He told me softly. "I know it's Minho so I was a little upset but it's fine now," I grinned a little when he said that which made him sigh again. "You gonna laugh at me now?"

"No, no, I just think you're really cute," I giggled. "I'll just tell you now before I tease you even more," I sat up, his arm slipping off my middle, and turned to face him. "You're my favorite glader, okay? No need to be upset," He smiled and sat up too, his nose, just inches from mine.

"Really?"He asked and I nodded. "Can I please kiss you?" My eyes widened and my smile got even bigger but it looked like he got scared of what he said. "Oh my god, forget what I said," He tried to lay back down but I grabbed his tank top and smashed my lips on his. 

He didn't know what to do for a second but then kissed me back.

"Holy shit, I love you," He said between the kisses, making me smile.

I really love him too.