five

phil

so many trees surrounded this camp attracting various birds and there beautiful songs. the sound of birds has always calmed me ever since i was a child. i usually go and sit outside of a night when sleep doesn't come.

paths wound together leading to in every direction. i was tempted to explore every inch of this place but knowing me i would get lost forever. so i decided to stick to the small garden location in the far right corner of the camp.

it was filled in many different colours vibrant blues and pinks, deep blacks and purples and soft yellows and greens. i couldn't contain my smile. it's the simple things in life that please me when i'm having high moments. i hoped this one would last.

in front of me sat on a oak bench was a boy about my age. he had dark red hair and square glasses which famed his face.

"why are you staring at me" he said without turning around.

"oh umm sorry"

"it's fine come here"

i went and sat down next to him.

"i'm going to get straight to it what's wrong with you"

"i have bipolar and insomnia. you?"

"i have paranoia which lead to me developing insomnia"

a small boy then appeared in view.

"oh i have to go my mate jacks over there. see you later and i'm mark by the way"

"i'm phil"

then he left. finally i might i have a friend. it was growing dark so i decided to head back to get some food. i have chicken and rice not the best thing i've eaten but it'll do. i was glad to see that pj had now recovered from earlier and was back to his normal self. i can't imagine what it might have been like for him. the look of fear and pain that twisted into his face will permanently be burned into my brain.

tonight the camp had a bonfire. everyone was gathered round. i was wedged in between mark and chris.

i couldn't take my eyes off the fire and the way the flames seemed to dance in the wind. the bright orange glow that was emitted relaxed me and made me thankful that i was here and not at home.

sometimes my parents don't understand my mood swings. i've tried many time to explain to them that i can't help it but they don't seem to listen. i know they love me but it's so damaging to a child when their own parents don't under them.

i felt tears form in my eyes. i tired wiping them away but more seemed to come in there place. i excused myself and began to walk back to the tent. as i slowly walked along i let a few tears escaped my eyes. i tried to make them stop as i didn't want to show my vulnerability in front of dan and give him more reason to take the piss out of me. and that's all i needed right now.

to my surprise, as i entered the tent, dan was already there. he looked up eyes heavy from sleep.

"sorry i woke you" i mumbled as i changed and got into my bed.

he didn't reply so i began reading my book hoping i could sleep a bit tonight.