six

dan

therapy. that was the first thought that came into my head as i woke up. i got dressed in my usual black clothes and left quietly to avoid waking phil. he was curled up in a ball with his glasses still on his nose. i gently pulled them off and set them aside. not because i care about him because i don't want shards of glass stabbing me if they break. he stirred slightly moving away from my touch. i took his as my queue to leave.

the cold morning air bit at my cheeks causing them to have a red tint. i wrapped my jacket round tighter to try and keep some warmth. who's idea was it to have this camp in january. hoping it will begin to turn warmer i thought as i entered the food hall. the time read 8:40. my thoughts turned to phil who was sleeping soundly. i do feel bad for him not being able to sleep much. so i made the grown up decision and took and apple back to the tent for him.

he was still asleep when i got back so i left it on my bed with a note. not because i like him because i don't want him to complain about being hungry.

"hello dan" i didn't look at her. i couldn't bear it.

"have you spoken to anyway yet?" i looked at the floor and shock my head slightly.

"it's okay. i've signed you up for orienteering with phil at one. talk to him dan."

with that i got up and left. i was not ready to have to talk to phil but it seems this would be the only way to get this therapist off my back.

once again one rolled around much sooner then i would have hoped and soon i was waking down a dirt track heading deep into the woods. i was walking behind everyone trying to avoid contact for as long as possible. we reached a small stream which reflected the sun creating a tiny rainbow in the water. we stopped and began pairing up.

phil walked over to me still smiling brightly as always.

"thanks for the apple earlier" he whispered.

my checks turned pink with this comment. i forgot about that.

"you will each be given a map and have one hour to find all the spots listed. good luck everyone"

phil grabbed the map and took hold of my arm.

"you know we're going to be out here for an hour so we might as well get to know each other"

i still wasn't sure about being his friend.

"i'll start. so i'm phil, i love animals, anything pastel and i hate cheese"

"wait you don't like cheese. what even are you?" a small smile formed on my face.

"i feel so left out so many of my friends have disowned me because of it" he said laughing sticking his tongue out slightly.

"it's sounds very life limiting."

we're so caught up in taking neither of us noticed the dark storm clouds swirling above.