二十八

TWENTYEIGHT|

41,241 words as of chapter 27

A tall man in a white coat with a name tag appeared in my hospital room doorway. He had a kind face and a soft smile as he sat on the edge of my bed.

"Hello Seok-Jin, it is very nice to meet you. My name is Dr. Park." He stuck out his hand, which I accepted and we shook hands. He gestured towards Namjoon who was still sleeping on me.

"Is he your husband?" He asked kindly, which I shook my head no to.

"No, he's my boyfriend but I wish I could marry him." 

"I remember what that was like." Dr. Park smiled nostalgically and messed with his gold band on his finger.

"You have a husband?" He nodded with an airy laugh.

"And three kids." I mumbled a wow and looked at Namjoon. I tried to imagine him as a father, the future did not look bright in that department.

"I'm not so sure we could do that. He's pretty clumsy sometimes...anyways uhm...those five guys that were out there are basically my family so can they come back in?" He nodded and walked back over to the door. When he returned, my friends followed him in like little ducks and they all sat down on chairs or the bed. 

"So now that your family is here, I'd like to talk about your condition. I know that they've already told you but I'll add on to that." I nodded in understanding.

"As you know you have pancreatic cancer and thankfully it is only at stage zero. Which means it is treatable and it is only in the top layer of cells. You'd need treatment right away but thankfully you insurance covers it all" I sighed in relief at the last part. (i hate to admit it, but that was the part I was most worried for)

"What is the life expectancy for this operation Dr. Park?" Taehyung's face was unreadable.

"Seventy eight percent. But considering how good Seok-Jin's immune system is, I'd say more realistically its eighty-ninety percent." He looked to me.

"Let's do it." We all said at the same time. Dr. Park returned his gaze to Namjoon, his airy smile returning to his face once again.

"He's a keeper. You should probably get him off though. I'm not so sure he wants us to mess with his pancreas." He laughed and motioned for some of the guys to come over and help. I kissed Namjoon's head and carefully unwrapped his arms from my waist. Jungkook picked him up bridal style and they all exited into the hall to go to the waiting area. Before they wheeled me away, we said out goodbyes.

"We'll be waiting for you hyung." Hoseok grabbed my hand briefly, making me smile. I knew everything would be alright in that moment.

&&&&&&&&&

He entered back into the dream land, except this time, he was solid. Not just a rush of breeze. All around the palace, people were bustling about. He wasn't sure if the palace staff could see him or not, so he just slinked along the walls, exploring.

Jin came to a large great room at the top of the massive structure, it's walls were floor to ceiling length glass and there was a large conference table and chairs in the middle of the room. On the wall, closest to the stairs he came out of there was a ginormous map. It appeared to be a map of this planet. He read of the names of what seemed to be provinces aloud.

"Eherus, Tumul, Srehn, Claqur, Yenze...I wonder if this is another language?" Next to the map was a globe, a very peculiar globe at that. One side had all the provinces he just saw (which were apparently of massive size) and when he spun the globe, he was met with a grey area and big black letters that read,