三十二

THIRTYTWO| 

46,935 words as of chapter thirty one

Without knowing it, the clock struck 6:00 a.m in South Korea, and Jin was still climbing up the mountain. He stumbled and fell on his side, catching himself before he fell back down the mountain, Atlas raced over to help him.

"Jin! Are you alright?!" Jin shook his head,

"Something must be happening at home, what time is it" He weakly pulled out his phone

6:00 am KST

4:00 pm OST

His eyes widened,

"Atlas you have to send me back now. The nurses said I was supposed to wake up at 6, please wake me up!" Jin was starting to feel dizzy.

"Surge, rex! (rise up, king!)"

Jin's world spiraled into darkness...

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I gasped and sat up quickly, the nurses had only just walked in the door, sighing in relief I lied back down again. They looked at me questioningly and walked over to check on me. I smiled at Mina and spoke a soft good morning to her, she looked extremely tired.

"Are you alright Mina? You look like you've been here all night" She smiled tiredly and sat on the edge of my bed, playing with the frayed edge of the blanket.

"Dr. Park asked me to accompany him to a surgery that was six hours long. We started at the end of my shift which was after I left you so we must've stopped surgery at 4 this morning. I took a two hour nap in the doctors lounge area and and that's why I was a few minutes late" She flopped down onto the bed and rested her head on my leg. The realization hit me quickly. I went to high school with this girl. We didn't talk much, as I was always with the others but I definitely remembered her electric blue hair and piercings. As she was lying face down on the hospital bed, I noticed her hair was a soft pastel blue and all of the scary looking piercings were replaced with dainty looking diamonds.

"Mina Lee!" She bolted straight up and looked at me in surprise.

"How do you know my last name?" I laughed at how guarded she became and replied,

"We went to high school together. Kim Seok-Jin, always hung out with the really handsome guys?" She gasped and hugged me,

"I do remember you Jin! We were in a few of the same classes and I sat at your guys' lunch table! At the other end of course, you all were so popular no one could get close to you! You were untouchable, but you guys were so nice to everyone, at lunch you'd all sit together and Jungkook would come over from the middle school and he would take his lunch. Sometimes he'd sit on Namjoon's lap. You guys were like a family and everyone loved it!" She gushed and squeezed me before pulling away. I scratched the back of my neck,

"Did people really watch us that much?" She nodded excitedly and continued to talk,

"Yep! I was in advanced classes so that's why I had classes with you as a freshman. Then you graduated and then the year after, Yoongi graduated and I was a sophomore. I went rogue and did some wacky things. I actually had a pretty good year. Then when I was a junior along with Taehyung and Jimin, you and Yoongi came back to eat lunch with the ones still in school and everything seemed alright for awhile. Hoseok went away shortly after mid-terms, all of you cried and no one in your lunch period seemed to smile anymore, did he move away?" I nodded sadly and she continued her recollection.