三十四

THIRTYFOUR|

  50,014 words as of chapter ThirtyThree (omg I actually did it)

What Jin didn't know, was that he in fact had never let down his friends in the first place.

"Young prince, we've arrived. Welcome to Tumul" He was pulled abruptly from his thoughts by his new companion, Atlas. A big grin reached his face and he hugged the white haired man.

"Thank you so much Atlas. I hope we'll continue to explore this world together" They hugged a few moments longer before separating, the snow fox Atlas had conjured looking up at them in confusion. They were standing on the top of a section of the mountain, looking down into the main tribal village of Tumul

 They were standing on the top of a section of the mountain, looking down into the main tribal village of Tumul

Jin flipped up his hood, the snow fox stepped up beside him and looked over the cliff's edge. Atlas had disappeared behind a few of the trees to turn into his elk form. 

"Jin, are you ready to find somewhere to stay for the night?"

Said male pulled out his phone to check the time,

12:30 pm KST

10:30 pm OST

"Oh wow, I hadn't realized it was this late, I've only been here for two hours. Wait you said before that I could make it dark only if I wanted it to be right?" Atlas spoke through Jin's mind, as his form was still developing.

"Its hard to explain how time works here. Some witches can manipulate how the sky and weather is, so I would assume that maybe the leader of this coven is making it dark so people can sleep better" Atlas said thoughtfully,

"Well that's kind of her. So if I sleep here, will I wake up at home?" There was silence for a moment before soft crunches in the snow could be heard. A large white elk appeared beside him, looking out at the landscape. He seemed calm.

"I would assume that to be true"

Jin cimbed on Atlas' back, the soft fur was warm on his hands, protecting them from the bitter cold. As Atlas trudged down the path towards the first village, people, mostly women stared at them as they passed. They all looked similar to Jin, jet black hair in various hairstyles, and bright green eyes that seemed to have an ominous glow to them. He refused to judge them though, as that wouldn't do them any good when it came time to actually meet the witches.

"Here we are, I'll be behind the building for a moment to shift. There's a bench on the porch there if you need to sit, prince" Atlas released his bag from his mouth and disappeared into the blackness of the night. Jin took it and walked over to the set of chairs Atlas had mentioned. Taking a moment to admire his surroundings, the town looked like any other village in the mountains, large pine trees, all buildings constructed from logs and large cobblestones. Jin felt the chair beside him creek (creak?).