Chapter 27

Second update today!

Before I start I just wanted to say that you guys confuse me because one time it takes 5 days until I reach my goal and the next time it takes 3 hours?! :D

I don't know which goals to set now haha

Anyway, songs for this chapter

Nightingale - Demi Lovato

Change My Mind - One Direction

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're gonna work in threes now, so get in your groups please."

I turn to Ariana and smile at her awkwardly while she does the same.

"Does everyone have two partners?", Ms. Wood questions and I shake my head. "No. No, we're just a pair so far."

"And I'm alone." Barbie turns around and smiles at the both of us sweetly. Probably because no one likes you.

"Great, I think we can start now! You have the whole lesson to analyse this book", Ms. Wood says enthusiastically as she points at the book we've been reading the past week. Barbie turns her chair around and places her books on our table before she fakes a smile. I actually haven't talked to her since we had our little argument on my second day.

"So what's the book about?", she asks. "Are you kidding me?!", I moan and Ariana rolls her eyes. "You can't actually expect me to pay attention", she replies and giggles. "I know you're not that dumb."

"If you call me dumb again-" I feel a hand on mine and turn to face Ariana. I can tell she's only trying to calm me down but I can't help but feel excited about her touch.

What the actual fuck..?

"Would someone please tell me what the book's about now?", Barbie interrupts my thoughts. "Ask someone else", I growl and she shakes her head. "Someone's having a bad day, huh?", she asks but I just roll my eyes in reply.

We all stay quiet for a while until Barbie opens the conversation again. "Luke, I don't even have your number yet and you've been here for about a month now!" "Some people have been at this school for years and you don't have their number", I reply harshly.

I look at Ariana and see her grinning widely. "I was just trying to be nice", Barbie snaps and I sigh. I'm not a rude person usually so I should probably give it to her. "Give me your phone, I'll save it", I tell her and she smiling hands me her iPhone.

After I saved my number I glance over at Ariana and notice she's not looking happy at all. She's glaring at Barbie and bites her lip. Oh god, it's already starting to bleed.

I reach over and quickly squeeze her hand. I don't know why she's that angry but I try to comfort her. She looks over at me and smiles a bit before Barbie interrupts us. For god's sake!

"How do you want me to save you?", she asks and I turn back to her while rolling my eyes. "How about.. Luke? Or won't you know who that is then? Is it too complicated?", I say annoyed and she giggles. "You're so funny!"

No, I'm being fucking serious, butthead.

It's actually weird how aggressive she makes me but it's probably because I can't have a nice time with Ariana when she's around.

"And believe me, I have the number of most people in this school", Barbie adds and gives Ariana a fake smile, "or at least they have mine." She winks and Ariana bites on her lip even harder.

Seriously, did I miss something here?

"Uhm..", I begin and both of their heads turn to face me. "Are you guys alright..?" Ariana takes a deep breath but Barbie nods and smiles. "Of course! Why not?"

It's ridiculous how fake she is but whatever, I won't get anything out of her anyway.

"Can I read what you wrote down so far?", Ms. Wood questions as she reaches our table. "Actually..", I begin but Barbie cuts me off. "We've been just brain storming so far. We're gonna write it down any minute." Another fake smile. The teacher nods and leaves again.

"Awesome how easy lying seems to be for you", I state and Ariana nods in agreement while glaring at her. Note to self: Ask Ariana what's going on between her and Barbie the next time you talk to her.

"So what are your plans for tonight?", Barbie asks. Girl, don't you realize I don't wanna talk to you?

I look over at Ariana and say, "I have plans with Ariana." Actually we just wanna stay at home and do nothing but still, those are plans.

Ariana smiles at me and nods while Barbie rolls her eyes. "You hang out quite a lot, huh?", she asks. Ariana just smiles - an actual fake smile, I haven't seen her fake smiling before - and grabs my arm. If I wouldn't know better I'd say she's trying to make Barbie.. jealous?!

"Well, yeah"  I answer a bit unsure. This is weird. "I mean she's my best friend so..", I continue and a big smile creeps onto Barbie's face.

What did I miss now?

"Best friends, huh?" "Uhm.. yes?" What does she want from me? I look over at Ariana and notice she's balling her fists, there's neither a geniune smile on her face, nor a fake one.

"I mean.. I guess?", I ask as I suddenly feel like Ariana doesn't really see me as her best friend. But didn't she tell me that one night? She did, why would she lie? Ariana looks at me and nods before she sighs.

"I'm gonna start our work now", Barbie suddenly says and grabs a piece of paper. I lean over and whisper, "Calm down, princess. I don't know what's wrong but don't show her how much her words get to you", into her ear.

Ariana takes a deep breath before she smiles at me weakly. I could honestly slap Barbie for making Ariana feel bad. I don't know what's going on between them and why the fact me and Ariana are best friends seems to make Barbie really happy but whatever.

We start our work and at the end of the lesson we actually wrote down pretty much. As the bell rings I quickly stand up and pack my things. Ariana does the same, I can tell we have the same plans: Getting away from Barbie as soon as possible.

We leave the room and I follow Ariana to her locker. I lean against the locker next to hers and smirking watch her putting her books inside. She looks at me confused and I laugh.

"Did you try to make Barbie jealous when you grabbed my arm?", I ask and she rolls her eyes before she shakes her head laughing. "Of course not", I say sarcastically and smirk at her. She sighs dramatically before she giggles and closes her locker.

"Oh, there she is again", I roll my eyes and point at Barbie who's walking in our direction. "Quick, make her jealous", I wink at Ariana and she slaps my arm laughing.

I grab her waist and pull her closer as Barbie walks by. My heart beats faster instantly. As soon as Barbie's gone, Ariana pulls away. Oh.

I turn to face her and she shakes her head laughing. "Uhm.. I guess we did a good job", I say and she laughs even harder before she leaves for the next class.

Well, this was awkward. I take a deep breath as I walk to my locker while trying to get her out of my head.. once again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were so fast wow

I'm sorry, I guess this chapter is kinda boring :/

I saw some of you call Luke and Ariana Lariana, which is the ship name I actually thought of from the start so let's make it official :)

Alright, next chapter is up as soon as I get 25 comments and 25 votes :D

Thanks for reading guys and please don't ever stop commenting, I love all those comments so much! :)

Bye :) xxx