Chapter 63

Songs for this chapter

Miss Jackson - Panic! At The Disco

Hands on me - Ariana Grande feat. A$AP Ferg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ariana, could you please read out your poem?"

My head snaps up and I quickly turn my head to face her. She's nervously looking through her notes, not looking at anyone.

Ms. Wood watches her - well, everyone watches her. Ariana finally seems to find her poem and looks at the teacher.

"Come on", Ms. Wood smiles and Ariana sighs. "I really don't wanna..", she begins but stops, looking down again.

"This is personal", she then says quietly.

Personal. I remember when I used to know about everything going on in her life - even though she didn't know it.

I remember when the word personal didn't even really exist between us. And now? Now I'll never know what she wrote.

Ms. Wood laughs lightly and says, "Ariana, this was your homework. Why did you write something personal if no one's supposed to know it? Of course I'm gonna read it!"

Ariana's cheeks turn into a dark shade of pink and she nervously fumbles on her notes. I wish I could just hug her now. I can't stand seeing her like this, she looks so embarrassed and helpless.

"I just don't want.. everyone to hear it", she says quietly.

"Oh c'mon", Ms. Wood says. "Just let us hear it."

Ariana gulps and looks around. She actually looks like she's about to cry. I just want to make her feel better.

Finally her eyes lock with mine. She hasn't looked at me in weeks. But now she directly looks at me, almost pleading.

That's when I speak up. "She doesn't wanna read it out. Just leave her alone."

Now all heads turn to face me and I instantly regret saying that. No, actually I don't. Ariana looks relived and no one's staring at her anymore. I don't regret it.

I look away from Ariana and see Ms. Wood raising her eyebrows.

"Would you like to read out yours then?"

"No", I mumble. "But maybe someone else will volunteer."

Ms. Wood just stares at me for a second - I'm pretty sure she's gonna make me read it - but then she looks away.

"Who wants to read?", she asks and someone raises his hand. As the guy starts telling us his stupid poem I look back at Ariana.

She isn't looking at me anymore - of course she isn't. She probably didn't even want me to help her.

Maybe she hates me now? Oh right, she already hated me before.

I wonder about what she wrote.. Is it about me? No, she wouldn't waste her time writing about me. Would she?

Does she even still think about me? Probabaly not. It's sad to think that she's the only thing that's always on my mind while she probably already nearly forgot me.

But I deserve it. I know that, she knows that and the rest of the world knows that too.

Suddenly she looks up and I realize I'm still staring at her. Her eyes meet mine for the second time today but she quickly looks back at her book.

She actually doesn't give a single fuck about me. I can't blame her but it hurts like hell.

I remember when she was still sitting next to me. I remember the days we would joke around and Ms. Wood would get slightly annoyed because we never paid attention. Because we were more important to each other than this stupid class.

Now she's sitting next to Max. I actually liked him until he told her to sit down next to him so she doesn't have to sit here anymore.

He probably likes her. Hell, he for sure likes her. Everyone does. She's perfect. And she isn't mine anymore.

Ariana looks up again, raising her eyebrows slightly. She looks at me as if she expects me to say something..

I look away from her and notice everybody staring at me. Oh, fuck.

I awkwardly look at Ms. Wood and ask, "Sorry, what?"

"I asked what's so interesting back there? I get that Ariana is probably a better view than me but could you pay attention again?"

Usually everyone would laugh - not today. Not when she says that to me. Because everybody knows how bad I fucked up. And everybody knows how much I still love Ariana. Everybody but her.

"Sorry", I say quietly. Ms. Wood nods and continues while I glance at Ariana one last time. I think she knows exactly that I'm looking at her. She knows exactly that looking at her has been all I'm doing since I know her.

That's why I suck at everything we do in English class. She's distracting me.

Finally the lesson is over and I pack my stuff, trying to get out of here as soon as possible.

It's not like I don't wanna spend as much time as possible with Ariana - even though she ignores me - it's just that I feel like I bothered her enough today.

I can feel how badly she wants me to disappear, how badly she wants me to finally get out of her life. Completely.

I should do that. I should make her happy at least one last time. What's life still worth living for anyway?

Wow, my thoughts are freaking scary.

As I walk out of the room, I bump into somebody.

Normally I need to look down at the person I ran into - not this time. This time I actually have to look up.I frown as I realize the strong body covered in tattoos belongs to Brian.

"Oh", he smirks. "Look who we've got here."

I haven't seen him in ages, I wonder if he still wants to beat me up? We haven't been getting along all too well.. Well, he hates me actually. Just because I couldn't shut up this one fucking time.

"If that isn't the clown who thought he could humiliate me in front of everybody?"

"What do you want here?", I sigh. There's no reason he'd wait in front of our English class.

"Just waiting for my girlfriend", he smirks. Seriously?

"There are actually still girls stupid enough to go out with you?", I question.

At that moment someone pushes past me.

"Don't listen to that idiot. You're not stupid", Brian smirks as he wraps his arms around his girlfriend's waist - around my girlfriend's waist?!

Before I know what's happening he crashes his lips onto Ariana's.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And that moment, I swear, all my readers lost their shit"

Lmao thanks for reading! I know y'all probably hate Ariana (and me) now but ha I don't care, drama is love, drama is life

Make sure to vote and comment, love you guys :) xxx