Chapter 68

Songs for this chapter

I wish you would - Taylor Swift

Me And My Broken Heart - Rixton

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They're back together?! Why the fuck could she forgive him but not me?!

I'm currently lying in my bed, still not over what I've heard earlier. Brian isn't even her type! Is he?

Why did she run back to him? He nearly raped her! All I did was plan on lying to her but she can't forgive me?

Maybe she just loves him more than you, Luke.

The thought hurts like hell but it's probably true, even though I don't get how anyone could love an asshole like him.

A small part of me still hopes that she doesn't even have feelings for him, she never said that after all, did she?

I just hope she'll leave him before he can hurt her. Now I even need to worry about him physically hurting her. But what can I do? Nothing.

All I can do is wait for that idiot to hurt the girl I love.

***

"Just call me back, please!", I end the call.

This must've been like the hundredth message I left in Ariana's voicemail but I really need to talk to her. I know she told me to not call her but someone has to warn her!

Why didn't she notice how bad Brian is yet? This is driving me crazy!

Before I can stop myself I'm already calling her again.

"Ariana, please! I don't want you to get hurt, he's not good for you! Just call me back, I beg you.. I love you."

Damn, I said it. I didn't wanna tell her that I love her, she hates when I say that. It always makes the situation worse.

Why can't she pick up? I just wanna protect her! He's dangerous, the way he acted yesterday was really scary.

Maybe I should go to her place. Would that help? Well, actually it wouldn't.

Is there any person she listens to? Probably not, she's pretty stubborn, especially now.

I was the person she used to listen to.. Was.

I sigh in frustration and call one more time but she doesn't pick up - what a surprise.

I'll have to talk to her on Monday.

***

"Luke, I need your help for a second", I hear Calum say.

"Not now", I say and continue listening to the story Ian's telling. I'm actually having fun for the first time in what feels like forever.

I don't have a clue what made me this happy today but I'm having a pretty good day. I for once forgot that Ariana's been ignoring me all week and is back with Brian.

And I want to stay in this mood so I'll keep listening to Ian, who's drunk as fuck and keeps telling us about the time his mum nearly ran over his grandma with her car. The story shouldn't be funny - but it is.

I take a sip of my drink while Calum sighs and says, "It's important." "Can't someone else help?", I ask annoyed. "Yeah, sure", he snaps. "I'll just let a stranger take Ariana home then, okay?!"