Grandparents

AN: I did a family tree for Mullet Man that includes Bella, Stan, their kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids

AN: I did a family tree for Mullet Man that includes Bella, Stan, their kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids. Spouses weren't included, but they'll be explored at some point in some short.

"Ah, Marcella! 'Bout time ya got here, missy!"

"Sorry, Mom," Marcella chuckled, hugging Bella back. "The flight is always crazy."

"Yer alright," Bella smiled and kissed her cheek. She looked at the person standing next to Marcella, who was looking around the shack. They had a short blond ponytail and bright blue eyes. "An' is this the guy we've been hearin' so much about?"

They blushed a bit and Marcella giggled.

"Mm-hm. Their name's Sky," she introduced.

"'Bout time ya brought 'em home fer us ta meet," Bella smiled. "Nice t'meet'cha, Sky."

"Nice to meet you too, ma'am," Sky smiled back.

"Well, you two can stay in the guest room," Bella led them to the room with their bags. "Unpack an' come say hi t'yer dad, Marce."

The girl nodded and Bella left. She turned and started to unpack her bags, and Sky did the same.

"Well, your mom is nice," they said. "I'm still nervous, though. What if she hates me or something?"

"You don't have to worry, sweetie," Marcella assured, leaning over to kiss her date. "She'll get it. I made the decision to keep it; she won't be mad."

"What about your dad?"

"...not sure."

"Not sure about what?" Ella spoke. The two looked over to see her leaning against the doorway, arms folded and grinning.

"Hey, El!" Marcella grinned and jumped up, hugging her twin. "Oh, how's my favorite sister?"

"I'm yer only sister," Ella countered.

"Still counts," Marcella laughed. "How are you?"

"Eh, ok," Ella shrugged. "What about you? How's college life?"

"I have to tell you, I'm so relieved it's almost over," Marcella sighed. "Totally stressful. But totally worth it."

"I guess," Ella snorted. "Still not regretting dropping out, though."

"Figured."

-----

The family sat at the table for Easter dinner. There were three times a year when everyone would come back to the Mystery Shack, to see each other, hang out, and catch up: Easter, Fourth of July, and Christmas/Hanukkah. Even if 'everyone' was just Ella and Marcella for now. But soon Lee would be moving out for college too, and the shack would be almost empty.

That was Bella's excuse for crying during dinner.

"C'mon Mom, cut it out," Lee said. "I'm not even going that far for college."

"Ah know, Ah know," Bella sniffed, rubbing at her eyes. "Golly, you kids just grew up so fast."

"I feel like if we say it now, it's just gonna make her worse," Sky whispered to Marcella.

"Say what now?" Lee asked. Marcella rolled her eyes and lifted up a bag from beside her chair.

"We got presents for everyone," she said, pulling out wrapped gifts.

"Are you tryin' to one-up me?" Ella raised an eyebrow as she took her gift. "We never do presents on Easter."

"Well, these are special ones," Marcella said. She finished passing them out. Lee instantly tore into his, face falling in disappointment when he saw it was just a shirt. But then he unfolded it and his jaw dropped.

"What is it, kid?" Stan asked, unwrapping his present, which he could already tell was a coffee mug. And then he saw that it said '#1 Grandpa'.

"Yer pregnant?!" Bella gasped, clutching her shirt to her chest.

"'World's Okayest Uncle'," Lee mumbled, looking at his shirt. "Ha ha."

"Well, we thought it was funny," Sky said.

"Yes, Mom, I am pregnant," Marcella answered. Bella started crying again, grinning and clinging to the shirt.

"Oh my goodness oh my goodness!" She choked out, beaming and giggling. Marcella laughed and squeezed Sky's hand.

"You're not even out of college," Stan frowned slightly.

"Y-Yeah, I know," Marcella nodded a bit. "But by the time the baby's born, we'll be out. And we have a plan. Well, we're working on one."

"How far are you?" Ella asked.

"Just a few weeks," Marcella answered.

"No way I'm gonna be a grandpa," Stan grunted. "I'm not that old."

"Near as old as my dad was when Zoe was born," Bella giggled. Lee looked around at the others' gifts.

"Hey, how come she's greatest aunt but I'm only okayest uncle?!" He exclaimed, pointing at Ella's necklace.

"Because yer only an ok brother," Ella retorted. The table burst into laughter as Lee fumed. Stan smiled softly, looking at the cup and running his thumb along it.

"Dad, you're crying," Marcella grinned.

"Am not. Just got egg dye in my eye."