Chapter 1 Memories

Chapter 1 – Memories 

        I don't have a lot of happy memories about my parents, because I was only 12 years old when they died. But the real reason was because they were always to busy to spend time with me and my brother. However there was this one happy memory, it was when our parents had came back from a trip to Mexico and they took Sebastian and me to get ice cream at a local ice cream shop in town called Rosie's ice den. It was a small shop that had kind of 60's theme going on. Rosie's had the best ice cream in town, so the place was always busy.

      "Daddy! Daddy!" I said in a very sweet voice, fluttering my eyelashes for a better affect.

      "What pumpkin?" he answered.

        I was around ten years old, Sebastian being twelve. I was a daddy's girl back then. I had look uo to father growing up. He was a tall and well-built man, that had messy head of brown hair with little grey streaks and golden hazel eyes.
     "Can I get two scopes please." I was a little chubby kid then. My mom had always said that I haven't grown out of my baby fat yet.

    "Yes, Serenity what flavor?" he asked.

    "Oreo and cream please." I said. 

     "Ok, Sebastian what kind do you want?" Dad asked.

   Sebastian was tall for his age. He was like a young version of our father, but Sebastian had blonde hair and our Dad's hazel eyes.

    "Mint chocolate chip," said Sebastian.

     "And honey what would you like?" Dad ask mom."Just vanilla." 

    Are mom was very pretty, she had very shinny golden blonde hair with crystal blue eyes and natural skin with high cheek bones, all in all she was very beautiful. I really didn't get are mom or dad's looks I had white blonde hair, gray eyes and very pale skin.

    "Here pumpkin." said Daddy as he handed me my ice cream.

     "Thanks Daddy." I said as I wrapped my chubby little hands around the cone.

      He handed out the ice cream to the rest of us and we headed out of the shop towards the park down the block. As we walked to the park daddy started to talk to mom about some business. Back then I really wish I paid more attention to their conversations so I might understand more to what was going on now, but as I remember I was too busy eating my creamy goodness to care.

    "But Alana..." "No Seth we will talk about this later." Mom whisper yelled.

    I was a little curious of what they were talking about but as the park came into view I forgot all about it. I wish I hadn't.

    "Hey Bash do you want to race to the park?" I yelled finishing last bit of my ice cream. That was my nickname for Sebastian since I was little because I couldn't pronounce his name right then.

     "You're on little one!" He said as he raced passed me.

      I stood there stunned by his quick actions and calling me little. I might be younger but i'm not short oh who am I kidding. I will always be short. Coming to my sense I shout "Hey you cheated!" and started to run after him has I heard the soft chuckles of my father.

   By the time I got there Sebastian was already on the swings. I ran up to meet him at the swings but something stopped me, a man watching are family very closely.

    "What are you looking at sweetie?"

"Nothing daddy!" I said turning around to face him.

     He looked around and told me to go play. I did what I was told laughing around and playing like nothing was ever going to happen to me or something to make me never laugh and smile again. Those were careless memories where I didn't have to be responsible where I didn't have to look over my shoulder every time. Those were the safe memories, the happy memories. That I will never have again!

          ********Now*********

    "Serenity!"

    "Yes Sammy." I answered looking down at the little blonde haired boy.

     "Can I get two scopes." smiling I said yes and ordered our ice cream, paying for it. Giving him the ice cream and grabbing his other hand. We walked out of the little shop called Rosie's ice cream shop.

               ~ It's just a start it will get better. Comment! Vote! Please! ~