Stoned

I'm posting this chapter now because I heard the 'Reverser' episode is coming out the 23rd.

PROLOGUE

"Did you see the 'Troublemaker' episode?!" I asked as we exited the bakery.

Amelie nodded and lit yet another cigarette, "Zee story waz very fun."

"And the part when Sabine started using the peel like a battle staff!" I gushed, "It was like she really was The Candlestick Maker!"

Amelie paused, "...What?"

"Peel. It's what you call those wooden sticks with the flat end that bakers use to pull bread out of ovens—"

"No, Zee Candlestick Maker? What iz zat?"

"Oh right!" I slapped myself for not realizing, "I make little headcanons for the side characters. You know, some silly explanations for why they do certain things. Sure, you could say Sabine learned that twirling move from a sport or a self-defense class—"

"Or becauze she iz Chineez," Amelie suggested.

"Or, yes, you can be a complete racist and say it's because she's Chinese, but in my fic, Marinette's parents are secretly retired supervillains."

The off-duty officer regarded me with an odd look, "You write... fanfiction, Monsieur Big?"

"I never mentioned that? Yeah, it's an awesome way to interact with the fan community over the stuff we love." I started to list off various other online Miraculous fansites I frequented that had some good fics until I noticed this somber, almost embarrassed face Amelie was making. "Wait... Amelie, do you write fics too?"

She puffed out some smoke and whispered, "I do not. I...uh... how you zay? Crossplay?"

"Crossplay? Do you mean... Cosplay?"

"Oui, pleaze do not tell otherz." A slight blush crossed her cheeks and I was instantly filled with the need to support my nicotine addicted friend.

"Amelie, there's nothing to be ashamed of. Cosplaying is a beloved pastime." I took her hand, "Do you mind if I see your outfits?"

She looked away, "I only drezz in private."

"I won't take any pictures and I won't laugh, I promise. I only want to see how good you are." Her timidness soon vanished and she nodded.

Later:

"BAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!"

"Ztop laughing!" Amelie's furiously burning cheeks were made a rosy purple shade under the bright blue makeup. This plus the red ball bobbling on top of her head gave her the appearance of a deformed teletubbie! "You zaid you would not laugh!"

"That was before I knew you cosplayed as The Bubbler! WHY?! BAAHHAHAHAHAH!"

"Unlike you, American, zee French are proud of our clownz!"

"You shouldn't be! You really shouldn't!" were the last words I said before Amelie shoved me out of her apartment and locked the door.

...TO BE CONTINUED...

Miraculous Headache

Chapter 15: StonedBy: I Write Big

The magical mysticism of heroes is that they not only protect the downtrodden and weak, they also inspire. Unfortunately, as Paris was now learning, inspiration isn't always good.