Chapter I

That Saturday you knew you should've slept in. But due to the cries of your insistent mother and tired father, you knew that this was something you couldn't get away from. So even though you haven't had a moderate sleep for awhile, you still went with your parents on a long, but beneficial trip. You remembered that the real reason why you went with your parents on that shopping trip. It was because Pokemon Sun and Moon had already been released. Your parents knew you well.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

However, you had been known to get your hopes up way too much.

While you sat in your family's car, imagining the many ways you planned out your adventure and maybe the plot of the new games had in store.... You failed to notice your parents absent-minded nature falling prey to a great neon yellow-painted sign on the curb face pointed at the passenger window of your car. From casual metric-city area -complete with a mall and multitudinous options for places to eat as well as the many strip malls scattered around... all of this clustered next to a turnpike up to an interstate to somewhere- to then suddenly to a blur of many hues of green, brown, red, and occasionally orange. What took you out of your reverie was the smell of freshly cut grass and the sound of playful childish screaming.

You didn't really comprehend what was actually happening until you felt the well-known jerk and then slight roll of your family vehicle coming to a park. Then see both your father leave the vehicle to walk toward the house, and your mother's face appear out from behind the passenger seat glowering at you with huge doe eyes and complementary open teeth grin. You definitely didn't like what she said after that.

"I hope you don't mind, sweetie, but I decided we should take a detour before heading out to finish our errands."

Sad to say, but you did mind.

"Why though?" You demanded scrunching up your face and furrowing your brow at her answer with an added taste of annoyance in your tone.

"Why what?" Your mother asked, doe-eyes still poised at you, complementary grin vanished and replaced with puckered lips. You weren't sure if she was teasing or actually didn't know why, so you just went with the latter and simply sighed and groaned at your mother's innocent actions.

"Why did we take a detour, mom?" you asked with annoyance dripping from your tone. After hearing your full question, your mother's face changed from an innocent pout to wide doe-eyes and mouth shaped to be an 'o', she then replied.

"Oh, well I saw a sign that there is a garage sale happening in this neighborhood and wanted to have a look-see!" Your mother gave her biggest open tooth grin both ends of her mouth stretched to the sides of her face. She almost look like a child looking proud for a sand castle that they built themselves. Needless to say, you were... pretty peeved.

"B-but I thought we were going to Game stop!" You exclaimed and jumped in disarray waving your arms around to express your point, your mother pouted once more in confusion not really getting your point. "Y-you know for.... my game?" you sputtered out, fearing your mother might have forgot the the real reason why you wanted to come with them in the first place.

"Oh! I am so sorry sweetie!!! I completely forgot. We will head out ASAP," your mother asked for pardon, you knew she was really sorry by how she pressed the palm-side of her hand over her heart, how her eyes went half-lidded in sadness and how her open-tooth grin became a deep frown. Your heart was jumping jacks inside your rib-cage with how excited you were getting- until your mother interrupted your internal happy dance, "AFTER! I get to look at everything they have to offer here!" Your mother declared, switching back to her uniform happy face. You stilled from her peppy declaration and collapsed in incredulity from your mother's comportment and then groaned. Your grand display of discontent towards your mother's antics; however, did nothing to get your mother to sway her hijinks. Actually, all it did was make her pout in annoyance.

"Oh cheer up, sweetie! There's bound to be something that'll catch your eye," your mother consoled you reaching to pat your arm in sympathetic way. As a response to her words, you glared at her.

"Okay fine, I'll go have 'look-see' at other people's stuff," you sighed and got out of your family vehicle with obvious reluctance to do so.

To say your mother was happy was an understatement. With the way her atypical cheerful eyes shined widened by your acceptance as well as the way death-hugged you while jumping was an example.

"I knew you would go along!" your mother cheered oblivious to your growing frown.

And this is how you found yourself stuck at a garage-sale on some nameless person's driveway scowling at old-fashioned baby's clothes laying on stereotypical bleach-white plastic tables worn by time making most of your forced-visit. As the hours ticked on you found yourself getting bored of listening to your mother talk to some random person about how the baby clothes 'bring back memories'. So instead you slid away from where your mother made a scene from her enthusiastic display of how obvious she missed you being a baby.

As soon as you did; you then scanned the rest of the driveway for something that would catch your eyes, if anything did for that matter, and it did, it came in the form of hunks of technology laying in a pile on a boring plastic table. Your eyes widened by a millimeter in curiosity and you strided over nosed turned up to mimic indifference towards anything until you got to the table and noticed it individually. What laid on the table was computer equipment but not just that: gaming-computer equipment, PlayStation, Xbox, an N64, GameBoy Color, SP, Advance, and the original as well as a few games for each device included. But for some odd reason what really got your eye was not the stereotypical computer equipment, but tinted green 90s handheld Nintendo gaming device that sat at the edge of the pile. You felt like it was.... calling to you. You reached for said game device and had your fingers the sides of it wheen-

"Oh, I see ya've found ma boy's old pokeyman red game, huh?" a deep husky voice tinted with a sprinkle of gentleness said from behind. The sudden voice startled you, and sent you out of your deep concentration. So badly, that you jumped and almost lose balance. "Oh! Sorry, didn't mean ta startle ya, 'kid." said the voice, you turned to face a tired fifty-some-odd looking man who appeared look like he has never had a vacation in his life. "I just saw ya lookin closely at that there game. Thought ya would want it." He passed you and picked up the red Gameboy Cartridge.

"As much as I would like to, I'm saving my money for another game," you said staring at the Gameboy.

"Oh, ya mean them sun and moon games?" He says, attempting to understand and reach to grab both the device and red cartridge.

"Yeah, Pokemon Sun and Moon, can't wait to relive the dream of being a pokemon master!" you exclaim swinging a horizontal fist-bump. You haven't touched a pokemon game since you were twelve. After all, you lost all your games on a school bus in seventh grade. After that, you felt no point in continuing. That is, until X and Y were released, then Pokemon Go, and finally, Sun and Moon. But compared to the others, you knew you just had to get Sun and Moon. Because they are Pokemon's Twentieth anniversary game, and you knew getting them was your only option.

"I herd though that it was their twentieth anniversary, that's what ma girl told me." he states, you suspect he's talking about his daughter. "An' she told me that young'uns like ya'self should get ta have a go at some old thin' like this," he says as he hands you a gameboy with the game already in its slot. "I know it seems archaic, kid, but I would give it a chance." At this point, you just couldn't tell him no, you felt compelled to play it. Especially when his daughter said a good point; it's Pokemon's Twentieth anniversary! Heck, they put Pokemon Red and Blue up in the Eshop so you would have a chance at living 'nostalgia'. You knew you couldn't pass up the opportunity.

"Ah, what the heck. You're right. I shouldn't pass up an opportunity like this," you mumble while pulling out a twenty. The man waves his hand, expressing that you don't need to pay.

"Just take it, kid, ma boy would've rather me give it ta someone than sell it any way." He explains.

"Really?" You ask.

"Yup, just take it, kid." He tells you.

You look at him in shock, it was a good idea to get the game. Well, you hope it was a good idea.