Chapter XII

A/N: I not dead yet, fools! Just a disappointment!

“So, players go to a place where they learn… the basic rules of life?” Asked the red-eyed boy as he sat upon your bed, head wrapped in gauze like poor attempt at a mummy costume, examining a Pokémon plush.

“Uh, something along those lines, it's more like how to be obedient,” you replied while thinking about what you were wearing for school tomorrow. You fished through your closet in search of anything to wear.

“Weird,” said the boy, picking at the gauze on his head. You grabbed his hand that was picking at the bandage and flicked at the un-injured side of his face, earning an indignant ‘ow!’ from your special guest.

“How many times do I have to tell you? Quit picking at it!” the red-eyed boy grumbled in response, before pouting. You stuck your tongue out in response.

You turned back around to the rest of your room and searched through the shirts littered across your floor if it were debris from the aftermath of a severe storm.  You groaned and grabbed the pair of pants that were screaming your name, before turning to your bed and laying them down in front of the boy. It would probably be easier for you to find anything if you’d clean your room, but nobody has time for that.

You groaned at the thought, before your eyes landed on a shirt, and put it with the rest of the outfit you had together. Something casual, like you had time to figure out what to wear, because you were alone in your house. Yup, no one but yourself!

You sat your school clothes on your dresser, before turning to your backpack and began packing your supplies for class. Scavenging through the piles of stuff amongst your bedroom, unaware of your bored audience growing interested in your antics.

You turned your head to the red-eyed boy when he makes a noise intended to gather your attention. You tilt your  head to convey your question.

“What—Why are you putting that in the bag? Are you planning to go on a journey? Why do you need all that paper? You should be putting—mmf!?” You pressed your index finger to his lips, and shushed him. The red-clad boy is painted by the color of his namesake, from your actions, head-to-toe.  You brush his embarrassment off like you do yours; close contact with a stranger.

“Shush, the only adventure I plan on going on is to school—” you made a quick glance at the boy's clothes, and lack of wardrobe options, “—and maybe the store, afterwards.” The boy stayed a bright red, even after your fingers left his face. If it weren’t for the past events with him that left you… less than happy with him, you might daresay he looked…. cute.

You shook your head, as if the action would shake the bizarre thoughts and actions out of your head. What was up with you?! You were acting like a fangirl in the presence of her favorite character she’d fantasize about in the dark of night when no one was around. He wasn’t even your favorite character!

…..Well, he looked the part. When he showed up to GameStop, you guessed he was some cosplayer, taking the term, ‘genwunner,' to a whole other level! After the music stand incident, however…..

“Hey, uh, dude….” The red-eyed turned to you with a raised eyebrow.

“What?”

“What’s your name?” The boy sighed.

“It really took you this long? My name is RED!”

A/N: *Brushes dust off reader insert* So…. Quarantine, am I right? Ha ha hA………. Yeah, I have no excuse, I apologize deeply for the random hiatus. I can’t make promises this story will continue. I have figment for the plot in my head, but I have a better idea for it. I hope that I can at least get to end it before this story eats me alive.

P.S. sorry for the short chapter, I hope the next one has a more promising size of more than just a page (that's the size this chapter was, usually they're 2-3 pages. )