CHAPTER IX

A/N:

Hooray for sudden motivation to finish some chapters!  ヽ(・∀・)ノ Sadly the next two are just copy-paste's of the originals,  ( ̄  ̄|||)I just fused two chapters together I guess...?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also yeah we're switching POV like hotcakes.

— Veemo 

    It's official, you think that the old man who gave you that game, tricked you. And now you have some kind of spirit haunting your butt, and your house. You checked every electronic in your house and found that every single one of them wouldn't turn on, except for that stupid 90s kids-mobile-game-machine-thing. In a fit of personal fear for your life, you hid in your bedroom and left the game console alone. Since you barely comprehend that there might be something haunting your house.

        "I'm pretty sure, that 'Dale' didn't have to deal with this," you say remembering what you heard happened to the missing boy. And how you heard he was last seen playing said Gameboy you're trying to steer clear of. After realization hits, you rushed towards your bedroom door and locked it.  Feeling way safer by doing so. You remembered you had homework to do over the weekend, and reluctantly decided to finish it.

You finally regret not replenishing your snack pile, when your stomach decided to remind you what time it was. You realized you haven't not eaten since breakfast and started eyeing your locked bedroom door. Should you go to the kitchen?

        In your fit of deciding whether your appetite was more important than your morality.  You decided to not give a single heck and unlocked your door. Slowly but surely, you made it to the kitchen in one piece, and quietly headed over to where your parents left snacks. You squeaked in happiness at finding them and realized your squeak was a bit louder than intended. Just right after you squeaked you heard a loud 'clank!' noise from behind you.

        You turned around and see nothing. Until you looked down and saw the Gameboy at your feet. It started playing the Pokemon Red intro, knowing you screwed up when you saw it. In a fit of fear, you ske-daddled right back to your room and locked the door again. And for extra measures, you used a chair for the handle. Pretty genius of yourself if you think about it, that was sarcasm. You sighed in relief after taking care of the door, feeling safe and accomplished at doing so.

        Red was laughing, he had never gotten a response like that from a player. Usually they would be stupid enough to mess his game, and he would do something ridiculous such as shocking them. But never before, has he had someone run away from him like that. But, at the same point he hated how you did that. He wanted to get his revenge, not have you run away.

        Red contemplated for a moment, he realized that you one of the few players that he heard BEN talk about. Players who realized they've bitten off more than they can chew. The kids or adolescents who know their limits. Or in the case of BEN, very dangerous and smart mortals.

        You didn't know what to do. You were currently hiding from a haunted game, that has some 'beef' with you. You ran back to your room and locked the door again, but you're afraid it won't be enough.

        Sure, it sounds ridiculous. But, you've read too many myths and legends to learn that vengeful spirits, or as your nerdy intellectual self says,  onryō, don't give no crap about physical objects. Or for simple terms, the locked door does not do any good.

You would look up old fashion ways of how to keep spirits out. But because the spirit blocked your chances at searching such ways, you're basically screwed. Unless, you can get to your front door with out being confronted by said spirit. And you can get to your bike and head to the old library to do some research on exorcising spirits. You're not even sure if this will work, but it's worth a try.

 —

        Red was wondering what you were doing. After he drove you back to your current hiding spot, his game with you got boring. You have been sitting in there and have never since come out.

        Red started getting impatient, and believes he will take matters into his own hands. He realized that you still have your 3DS in there. BEN says people like you are smart, but not that smart. Anyways, you'll be getting a little visit from him.

        While contemplating, you headed over to your bed and sat down. So your strategy was to pick up your instrument case and use it for defense as you head toward your door. Sure, ghosts aren't physically here, but it's all you got.

        As you concocted your strategy, you paid little heed to your 3ds turning itself on. It wasn't until you felt something move on your bed you turned around and became horrified at the hand slowly rising out of the top screen of your 3ds.

        You pushed yourself up against the opposing wall. Soon it's not just one hand, it soon became another and suddenly a boy's head appeared. Specifically the boy you confronted in the Gamestop, Red-Eyes! You soon realized the wall opposing your bed is adjacent to your door, so you grabbed your instrument case, but instead decided on grabbing your metal music stand. You ran as fast as you could out of your room, and hid in the supplies closet, armed and not afraid to use your metal music stand.

        Red was annoyed, no that's an understatement, he was down right pissed. He was so busy making sure he didn't hurt himself while climbing out of the 3DS, he didn't notice that you ran away. You're really trying to push his limits, Red couldn't believe how long it was taking him to punish you for your humiliating actions. He could always give up, but that thought was quickly removed from his mind as he headed out of the room you were recently hiding in.

        Red soon made it to the kitchen and started scanning it for any places you could be hiding. He did notice how unique and colorful your kitchen was, and big your house was in general.

        But Red soon removed that thought remembering you're just some player he needed to teach a lesson. And that's all you were, just some player that never cherished the old originals. Needless to say, he was oblivious to the supplies closet that was currently behind him.

        As you heard footsteps pass your current hiding spot, you slowly and quietly opened the closet's door and peeked out to stare down at your intruder's back. He seemed unaware of your frightened presence. Now you were in a good line of sight at your intruding target, you opened the door quietly and tip-toed towards your target and raised your music stand above his head and took aim.

        Red felt like someone was watching him. And as he continued to explore the house, he paid little heed to the figure following him. It isn't until he stops, and hears the faint sound of heaving unregulated breathing he turned around, see something made of metal pummeled into his face. He then howled in pain from a feeling he had never felt before. He then heard someone scream in front of him.