CHAPTER NINE

[ CHAPTER NINE ]

rokki slid into a seat outside of southside high, sweet pea towering behind her as they observed the latest register paper in disgust. rokki looked up when she heard the distinct sound of the metal doors being pushed open. to her dismay the jones boy came walking out of the run down school.

sweet pea followed her sight, landing on the boy. he stood up straight, glaring at jughead. "nice article your girlfriends mom wrote." jughead looked amongst the group. "yeah, i saw that. dilton doiley said he was stabbed when a bunch of you guys jumped him."

"ok you know what, fuck the northside and their god damn ignorance." rokki spoke as she rolled her brown eyes. "idiot stabbed himself. with his own knife." her brother chimes in looking at the paper. "they can check our knives i dare them." she spat shaking her head, crunching the paper at the ends in her hands.

"we didn't jump him, there was a fight. bulldogs versus serpents, and you see this?" sweet asked rhetorically, pointing to his bruised eye. "boy andrews gave it to me." he finished. "bullshit it's all just bullshit, god i fucking hate them." rokki said as she crumpled the news paper up and gave it to fangs to throw away. "thanks." she said as kindly as she could for the mood she was in.

"his crazy ass girlfriend shot a gun in the air, and made my baby sister go into panic." fangs snitched. "what the fuck ever i came out first and you know it." she argued looking back at him. "we came out at the same time." her brother tried to save himself. "that's not even possible."

"yes it is." fangs shot a glare towards her, rokki gave up and turned back around. she put her fingers on the blueprint showing toni a cool part of the pipe bomb. the two girls gave up on listening to the conversation as they talked about hotdog the third. rokki tuned back into the conversation hearing her name pop into it.

"and of course northsiders get off scot-free, and the rest of us are hauled in by the police." sweets said referring to the other serpents.
"it's payback time." fangs said looking at the blueprint like the two girls.

"what're you guys talking about?" jug asked confused moving closer to the table. "what is that?" jug asked leaning over people this time. "is that a pipe bomb?" jug looked down at toni who gave him the same look.

"the forgarty's cousin served in the army. he's gonna build us something." sweet pea said looking up, his hair falling back onto his face.

"we'll do it after hours, but it'll shut the riverdale register down once and for all." her brother stated looking up as-well.

"you think blowing up a building is going to make things better?" jughead asked rhetorically eyeing the group.

"news flash bitch, it can't get any better." the brunette snapped back at jughead. she noticed sweet pea tense up ready to defend his girl.

"yes, rokki, it can." "no, jug, it can't." she mocked being the little immature girl she was.

"let me talk to archie. let me figure this out. okay?" jug pleaded looking at the group again.

"oh my fucking gosh." rokki chuckled shaking her head not believing the child before her.

"problem?" jug asked harshly. "talk, talk, talk, talk and surprise more fucking talk." rokki yelled. "it doesn't get us anywhere but deeper in the hole northsiders are drilling us." she rolled her eyes trying not to punch him in the face.

"we don't know who you stand with." rokki hears sweets snap. "us? or them?" sweets put his hands on the table as he leaned down. "you can't be half a serpent." he said slapping fangs' back and leaving with rokki and the rest of the serpents.

+

she brown hair now in a low neck bun, as her jacket ran along her skin and her heels pounded into the wooden floor of the whyte wyrm. she was currently on break from bar tending along with toni.

the two decided to go watch sweet pea play pool. they sat down by fangs on the two bar stools placed by a small round table. both the girls and fangs noticed jug walk in wearing his unofficial serpent jacket.

they bother raised their eyebrows; toni smiling and rokki sipping her drink. jug approached the table pea was playing at causing sweet pea to briefly look up then back down at his shot.

"i think this northsider's lost." he said shooting the ball with the que. rokki snorted as she started choking on her drink. as she was gasping for air toni patted her back as sweets looked back with a confused smile.

"wrong tube." toni responded for her earning a nod from the choking girl.

"i'm not lost." jug responded to sweet peas previous remark. "i'm over being half a serpent." jug continued, sweet pea moved to a different side of the table taking his words the wrong way.

"wow. you will do anything to protect your northside buddies." sweets shoulder checked him causing the girls and fangs to let out a sigh.

"my father was a serpent. he led you. i wanna stand with you guys." jug said louder so more people could hear.

"don't think you're going to come in here and take my spot, i run the group. it's staying that way. i don't care if you join just know that." rokki said looking at the jones boy, he just nodded.

she didn't care if that made her sound like a bitch, FP made her leader of mainly the young serpents but along side leader ship of the entire gang with tall boy. she wasn't just going to lose them like that. they meant family to her.

"tall boy was the one who gave me this jacket. it's time i start wearing it." tall boy slid his que farther up in his hand looking angry. in all honesty, no one scared rokki, but she couldn't deny that tall boy was definitely intimidating.

"so now you wanna be a serpent huh?" he asked coming over the jug. "let's see if you survive the initiation first." he continued maintaining eye contact as he walked back toward the game.

the trio that was sitting gave jug a concerned look, making sure he wanted to do this, he just nodded.

"what's the initiation include?" jug asked almost sounding nervous.

"guardianship of the beast, the six laws, the knife, and the gauntlet." rokki listed, not even looking up from her hair. she dropped the piece that fell out of her bun and leaned to the railing.

"you'll do fine, the gauntlet is terrifying but i'll be there." rokki said to him, if only he knew what she really meant about being there.

jug nodded for the thousandth time before exiting the fumed bar. the group all exchanged looks of concerns, all except for rokki.

"if he pussies out he pussies out, shows us what kind of serpent he would've been." she shrugged. "besides if i can do it, honestly a rock can." she said picking at the chunk of hair again.