Chapter 6

Marisari had been married to Drogo for a little over a month now, and with every passing day they grew closer and she could feel herself growing more and more towards loving him. She hoped to soon bless him with a son.

Before she had married Drogo, she had been teaching herself the Dothraki language and costumes. But when she left with the Khalasar she had been required to leave all the books she had been reading at Illyrio's home. So she had Irri and Jorah teach her what she had not learned herself; though Drogo did not particularly like her being so near to Ser Jorah.

"Do the Dothraki buy their slaves?" Sari asked Ser Jorah as they were riding through some very tall grass.

Jorah looked away from Marisari, where he had been staring at her for some time, and faced forward answering, "The Dothraki don't believe in money, most of their slaves were given to them as gifts."

When Marisari gave him a curious look he continued, "If you rule a city and you see the horde approaching, you have two choices: Pay tribute or fight. It's an easy choice for most, of course, sometimes it's not enough. Sometimes a Khal feels insulted by the number of slaves he's given. He might think the men too weak or the women too ugly.

Sometimes a Khal decides his riders haven't had a good fight in months and need the practice."

Sari nodded her head in understand and turned back to face forward when the rider in front of her started whipping the slave beside him and yelled at him, "Only while blood of my blood lives!"

Marisari sighed and turned her head, not able to bear the sight, "The slaves are exhausted." Looking over to Jorah she told him, "Tell them all to stop."

Jorah looked over at her quizzically, "You want the entire horde to stop, for how long?" he asked her.

Marisari gave him a playful, condescending look and replied, "Until I command them to do otherwise."

Jorah smirked at her, "You're learning to talk like a queen." He told Sari proudly.

Marisari smiled as she slid off Zanisshi, "No, much better than a queen. I am a Khaleesi." and she walked away from him into the tall grass, Tala at her heels. The dire wolf had grown quiet large in the last month, her head now reaching Marisari's waist. Drogo had become quite fond of the wolf, he was happy that Sari had a protector when he could not be there.

Sari could hear Jorah behind her, as she walked away, telling the horde her command, "Stop the Horde!"

Finding a nice open space, Marisari stopped and took a few deep breaths. Oh it was so very hot, and she tired so easily as of late, and gods her body ached.

Marisari turned around swiftly, hearing someone approach her from behind and Tala began to growl, her hackles rising. Sari jumped in shock at seeing her brother coming towards her atop his horse, sword swinging as he yelled at her, "You dare! You give commands to me? To me?"

Sliding off his horse, he rushed at her and grabbed her by the throat, squeezing it tightly, ignoring Tala as she advanced on him never once stopping her vicious growls, "You do not command the dragon! I am Lord of the Seven Kingdoms. I don't take orders from savages or their sluts." He laced the tip of his sword at her throat Tala snapped her teeth at him and snarled, preparing herself to pounce on him, "Do you hear me? Do you! I will..."

Viserys was thrown backwards by a whip wrapping tightly around his neck, cutting off his hair supply. Marisari looked up at her savior and noticed not only Rakharo, but Jorah and Irri were there as well. Seeing that the danger was over, Tala stopped growling and Sat back on her haunches beside her master watching the man writhing on the ground.

"Do you want him dead Khaleesi?" Rakharo asked her, his whip still around Viserys throat.

"Yes..." Marisari answered immediately, and then looked conflicted for a moment before changing her answer, sighing she told Rakharo, "No, let him go Rakharo. I wish my brother no harm."

Rakharo looked slightly put out by her answer before releasing Viserys. As soon has he had Viserys was up and yelling at Jorah, "Kill these Dothraki dogs, and that little bastard slut!"

Jorah looked at him for a moment before turning to look and Rakharo quickly, ignoring Viserys' command, which only made him angrier, "I am your King!"

Jorah turning to look at Marisari and asked, "Shall we return to the Khalasar, Khaleesi?" He handed her the reins once she was on Zanisshi. Rakharo told Viserys that he would be walking from now on, and then they rode back to the Khalasar.

They had stopped and set up camp for the night and Marisari was sitting in her tent as Irri sat behind her, braiding her hair, talking with each other.

"I read in a book that a Khaleesi may be worth less than a Khal's own horse in their husband's eyes and that sometimes he will share her with his blood riders. Do you think Drogo plans to share me with his blood riders?" She asked Irri, worry evident on her face.

Irri gave her Khaleesi a comforting smile and shook her head, "No Khaleesi, you are the Moon of his life. He love you much." She finished in common tongue. Her words having the desired affect of putting a smile on her Khaleesi's face. "Really, He loves me? How do you know?"

"The Khal no longer mounts other women, you are his only and he is yours. That is how I know." Irri spoke, and then frowned and reached over to cup Marisari's breast, weighing it in her hand.

Marisari moved away from her hand slightly and asked her, "What are you doing, Irri?" she chuckled awkwardly.

Irri looked up at her Khaleesi and smiled knowingly, "When was last time you bleed, Khaleesi?" Her question had Marisari freezing in her movements. Was she with child? "You Change, Khaleesi. Your body grows."

A grin started to form on her face as she slowly brought a hand to her midsection. A baby, Drogo's baby, was inside her.

Irri placed her own hand over Marisari's and told her, "It is a blessing from the great stallion."

Marisari looked back at Irri and gave her a large smile, "The Khal will be most happy. Yes?"

"Yes, Khaleesi, the Khal will be very happy." Irri told her in a calming voice

Sari nodded her head as she rubbed her belly slowly, she couldn't believe she had Drogo's baby growing within her, "I will tell the Khal, tonight." Irri smiled at her mistress.