Day 6

The lieutenant was getting angry because Sheriff Jackson was nowhere to be found and the one they call John escaped. No one can find him or that girl he was hanging around with anywhere in town. The prisoners aren't of any help either because they are saying nothing to him or the soldiers he used as interrogators. He is getting desperate in getting answers to his questions that he said something that he will regret later on and regret for all the year remaining in his life.

"I want you to interrogate the prisoners again and shoot one of them every hour until we get the answers we want and nothing else. You tell them what we want and what will happen if we don't get it."

"Yes, sir. I have a question. Won't we be tried as murderers for killing innocent people?"

"Not if we tell people that they were shot trying to escape. If anyone finds out about this order, you will be held responsible for everything. Do you understand what I am telling you, private?"

"Yes, sir. No one will know the order came from you and I will do as I'm ordered to do."

The private left his superior's office and went to do what the C.O. has told him to do. He doesn't like what he has to do, but he doesn't want to be the one to take the blame and ran to the radio shack. He entered the shack, told the radio operator to take a break, radioed headquarters, and told them about the orders he received from his C.O. He received orders from higher up and ran to do them before anyone found out what was going on.

The private told the radio controller to get back to work and then headed to the building where the prisoners were being held. He took out his keys, unlocked the door, went inside, and started talking to the people. He told them everything, led them outside, took them to a fence, and point them back to town.

"Listen, You are free to go home. Headed in that direction for about two miles, and then head east for a half a mile. It will lead you back to town and on the way is a cave with running water inside and is good to drink. Stop there for the hours the sun's up and start traveling again when the sun sets. OK, if you hear gunshots, don't turn around, just keep going, and god‑speed."

The people thanked him and told him to come with them, but he told them that someone had to make sure they all got away. In the rush of people, the private didn't even notice Jane among the ground and went back to face the music. They were about a hundred feet away when they heard shooting, everyone kept going, but Jane had to look back to see what was happening and saw the private fall to the ground after being shot once. He was dragged away, as if he was dead already, but he was moving and she started heading back to help him.

Sheriff Jackson , Xan, and John heard the shot and moved faster, running to the building under the cover of darkness. It was hard to stay in the dark because a full moon was out and it shone the reflected sunlight everywhere. John told the others to stop because he heard the noise of something being dragged on the ground. The private was dragged by them and they weren't seen, but John jumped up anyway to help the wounded soldier.

The soldiers stopped, dropped the private's body on the ground, and started running towards John, pulling out their weapons quickly. The guns were pointed at John, he put up his hands and got down on his knees with his hands on his head. It was like they were arresting him again, but the soldiers didn't know that they were about to get a surprise from two figures hidden in the shadows. The soldiers were jumped, knocked out, stripped of their uniforms, tied and gagged as so they couldn't make a sound at all.

"What do we do with them now?"

"We leave them here, take the injured soldier with us, and take off towards town like a bat out of hell. Do you have anything on board your ship to help this soldier out?"