Final Day

Out in the desert, the others saw the ship fly over and knew everyone got out O.K. and headed for the cave that was a hundred feet away, there they would stay during the sunlight hours. They knew they were close to home, they could see the lights in the distance, and knew they would be home soon. No one wanted to be seen and ran to the cave as fast as they could.

Inside the cave, a stream of cool water was coming up through the ground and strange flowers were going inside the cave. No light was shining inside the cave, making it cool all the time and it wasn't damp either. It was beautiful inside the cave and comfortable for rest during the day. The cave had two entrances, one the came in and the other showed the town in the distance. Going into the cave cut the trip down some, now no one would have to go around the small mountain to get to town. They'd just have to walk through the cave, when the sun's up, get some rest and drink the fresh mountain water that was coming up through the ground.

The group waited for about six hours until the sun went down and when it did, the group made a dash towards the town under the cover of darkness. They want to get back to town and get some sleep before the soldiers came back to the town looking for everyone. No one knew when they would arrive, but everyone knew they had to be ready when they did, they wanted the women and children to be someplace safe. They didn't know the actions of the soldiers, but at least the women and children would be out of harms way.

The morning came and the men of the town were ready for the soldiers when they arrived. The visitors were ordered to stay with the women and children to protect them. Moid was ordered to stay with the men and to help them out any way he could, but he could not kill anyone. Moid understood the order and shook his head yes in response and he took his place next to his new earthling friends. He knew that his duty was to his friends and those in danger, so he prepared to stop the soldiers anyway he could except for killing them.

The visitors kept the others in hiding and also kept them entertained by holographic images of their home world. With the holographs, they told the story of how they met Moid and how he has been their protector as well as a good friend for over the many earth year's Moid has been with them. The story took everyone's mind off of the impending danger that was about to take place in the center of town and how they enjoyed the kindness of the visitors. Everyone wished they could stay, but everyone knew that if they did, there would be no peace from the military or scientist that would keep coming around.

The visitors were able to make a holograph to show what was happening in town and show how the men were doing against the military. Moid could be seen pushing back tanks, trucks, and jeeps that the military had sent to capture the people of the town. The military seemed to be losing, but on the back road, troops were entering the town behind the men and Moid. They were going to be surrounded by the military and arrested or seriously hurt if something wasn't done to help them. The military was getting close to the men and were about to capture the men and Moid in a few more yards of movement.

The visitors watched what was going on while the others slept and when they knew it was quiet enough, they left for their ship. They started the engines on the ship and took off into the air, making sure everyone could see them. When they were spotted by everyone, they flew straight up into the air and flew towards the temporary military base and landed dead center of it. There they waited for the military to show up and surrendered to them to protect the town that was there second home. They were taken away and they ship was put on a trunk to be taken to Washington for examination by the top scientist there.

Moid knew what had happened and sat down waiting for new orders for his departed friends. He knew he may not see them again and just waited to see or hear from them again. Xan radioed Moid somehow and ordered him to stay with his new friends plus he was to pay attention to what they tell to do as an order or in education of his new home. He was also ordered not to come and save them for there was nothing he could do for them anyway. He received his orders and followed them to the "T", no questions asked. Moid had a new home and a new family to adapt to, learning of his new home would be a challenge that everyone would him to overcome.