o n e

YMMD // 01
☁️☀️☁️

everyone had always said that kwon soonyoung would grow up to be a great and well respected man just like his father. everyone says it so much that even soonyoung had come to believe it himself without putting much thought into it. until at age twelve, he realized that none of that will happen- he's not going to be like his father, knowing that he is different from the other boys. and he realized that he might have to spend the rest of his life running away from that awful truth.

soonyoung looks breathtakingly under the morning sky, a splash and mix of light blue shades reflecting on his round glasses. he sighs, holding on tightly to his leather bound journal where he writes all of his thoughts.

yes, soonyoung is a writer. a college student with a handful of love for literature and astronomy. he lives with his single father in a two story house, and finds happiness through coffee and art. when he started to know his love for the cosmos at the age of nine , his world was never the same again. he would be always be calm just by looking up, he would always love the night sky to look at the stars and feel them breathe on his fingertips.

until at age twelve, he met jihoon, that is. the boy who taught him to play the piano. most importantly, to not be afraid to love whoever he wants. as a child, soonyoung knew no children with such openness like jihoon. the innocence and love that he saw within him created a bond between them that could never be broken. with jihoon, he felt accepted.

he would now love the days more than the night. because sure, there aren't many stars to look up to, but he swears jihoon smiles just as brightly. and just looking up wouldn't make him feel calm anymore. instead, he would find his heart racing in comet speed.

i will love you like
how planets orbit the sun
with no plan to stop

soonyoung sighs. here he is again at the school rooftop, writing for his best friend. the boy named lee jihoon. the boy he swears he'd wait for, even if it takes too long, like waiting for the world to complete an orbit,

waiting for a star
to explode,

waiting for the
planets to align

waiting for a
comet to return

it's not that soonyoung is afraid to open up to his best bud. he could, and he would, eventually. it's just that he's just too afraid of what the outcome might be. and something hinders him about his father too, who he thinks would chase him out of the house once he figures out his own son's sexuality. but what can he do? he grew to love jihoon. but he loves him so much that a part of him is willing enough to forget his feelings for the sake of their perfectly good friendship. he swears he could just spend the days dreaming of his friend, and spend the nights looking at the same stars he looks up to.

but it's seemingly impossible. almost as insoluble as defying the laws of physics for every time he falls harder for jihoon.

the day i met you
i have finally witnessed
all the cosmos set.

"soonyoung!" jihoon calls out as he runs. the boy turns to look, and immediately shoves the journal in his backpack before jihoon could even sit right next to him. "soonyoung, i have great news!"

"what is it?"

"i'm having a music project with seungcheol!"

soonyoung feels a pang in his heart, "oh, that's nice."

"i know right!" jihoon laughs. soonyoung could clearly see the happiness in his eyes whenever he talks about seungcheol, that boy with a bright smile and is loved by many. it has always been this way. jihoon would talk and he'd listen. jihoon would unknowingly break him and he'd cry it all out alone. jihoon would be happy with another person and he'd just force himself to be happy for him.

but then, maybe in a parallel universe, jihoon is the one who's falling for him. and soonyoung would risk everything to get himself there.