s i x t e e n

YMMD // 16
☁️☀️☁️

the next morning, jihoon wakes up alone on the couch. his head throbbed badly and his throat felt like sandpaper. the moment he gets up on his feet, he feels the room shake, almost causing him to lose balance. the fuck happened last night? he wonders as his hands slip along the furnitures for support.

jihoon splashes cold water on his face and brushes his teeth afterwards. the mirror stands there, showing him how tired his eyes look, until he notices small bruises on his neck. "seungcheol that son of a bitch," he mutters through gritted teeth. the boy walks out to get a diet coke from the fridge, then plops down the sofa. he knows he should be drinking water instead as he can feel his brain swell beyond the capacity of his skull and his dehydration is begging to be noticed. but hey, diet coke.

"i can't believe i let that motherfucker in here," he says to himself, referring to seungcheol. his eyes did nothing but to scan the room as he takes a few sips from his drink. five empty cans of beer and a journal lay on the carpet and the whole room smells like hangover. he swears, he feels like he's missing something-wait, a journal?

he reaches for the book, and surprisingly, it was pretty light. the leather felt soft and delicate as he ran his fingers over the bindings. the first page begins with a few scribbles:

you ignite me like lighter fluid and bad decisions

"soonyoung," jihoon mumbles. he flips the pages, seeing poetry on every leaf. he always knew that soonyoung is great at writing, but he never expected his words to be this sweet and precise, since the boy never really liked showing his works. he claims he's too shy to let people read. but jihoon thinks that there's absolutely nothing to be shy about.

he is the last two seconds
of a sunset that i always love to see
before i fall back my bed.
it gets lonely sometimes.
but in the morning
i know,
he will be watching again
with his eyes,
sunlight.
drifting
through the sheer window curtains
in the comfort of my
lonely room
-k.s.y

a smile appears on jihoon's face as he leaves delicate traces on the inked words. he feels comfort with soonyoung's writing. he loves how the entirety of the journal reflects soonyoung's character and soft aura. paper rustles as he thumbs through the book until he reaches the pages with familiar faces. it had drawings and some old cutout celestial maps that soonyoung loved to collect. black ink in poetic lines come tumbling down the page as jihoon reads.

"it's all me," he says to himself, seeing countless hand drawn portraits and feeling them on his fingertips.