Chapter 1

Once again, like any other day, darkness welcomed him as he managed to tumbled out of his unconscious state. It took him a brief moment to engulf his surrounding. Just a second or so was enough for him to understand the hollowness of world around him.

Time ticked on but he layed there, like a lifeless body, on the wet mud of the underground room, listenting to the wild thunder, as it stikes something miles away, along with the crashing drops of rain, one after another, that would tear through the dense atmosphere and quench the thirst of dry land.

A tear escaped his eyes, that had lost its charm long ago, marking his dry skin. His Body shuddered as a few drops of chilling rain that had managed to pass through a small steel girded window, sprinkled upon him.

Images after images played like a movie roll in his mind. Every moment where he was fooled into believing that his uncles loved him, they were a part of his family. All the times where he failed to unveil the mask of innocence those cunning brothers wore.

After some more time of lying there, he begin to shiver as wind touched his now almost drenched body. With great toil, he limped to the far corner of room, bringing his knees close to his chest and snaking both arms around them. One after another, tears escaped his eyes. Shivering, he looked up to the roof as if there might be something that would help him out. His dirty blond hair cover a part of his right eye, but he cared the least to move it away. Lips quivered and eyes carried a pool of water as a sob escaped his mouth. The thunder muffled all his cries and he was more then glad for that. He never wanted to invite more wrath from his uncles, STEP UNCLES

After hours and hours, sleep finally took hold of him, taking him to only peaceful place left in his world, dreams. Dreams of being free. Dreams of meeting his parents and going back to the old life he once used to live.

Through out one year of his abduction, nineteen year old Leonardo had just two things in his mind. Number one, that he would escape the first chance he would get and second, that if he does miraculously succeed, he would be throwing his parents life into a well of peril.

And it was because of the second reason that he never escaped even though, opportunities knocked at his door several times. But not now, not when the intentions of the deceitful brothers have crossed the line of humanity. Not when they had taken a date for Leonardo's Kidney operation and that also down here, without any proper medical treatments.

It felt as if his soul left his body just when he heard his Uncles taking about selling his kidney for money. It was a week before. They had to carry out the illicit operation after ten days and now only three were left.

Every other day, he would loose his hold on the thin string of hope when he would hear his parents coming over to his abductors, begging them to help them find their only son and every day they would go back without checking the room underground.

''William , you need to understand that we are trying our best to find your son but you need to have patience.... he is our son too '' Joseph, the elder one, uttered trying to satisfy the restless parents. '' How much more patience, Joseph? ... I...I cant live without my son'' Leonardo heard his mother cry out loud in agony of loosing her only child.

''Mother!'' Leonardo screamed on top of his lungs. " Open the damn door!" he banged on the wooden door, sobbing all along. '' Let me out, you bastards." he shouted. "Mother... Father I am here-'' he screamed once more but it was of no use, he knew that. He knew they would leave again ''Let me be free'' he cried out. ''please'' he whispered, letting his head rest against the door as he cried his eyes out. '' please come down stairs''.

'' I think we have lost him forever now-'' his father spoke up, grieve lacing each word. '' I...I just don't have words to thank you brother for all you have done for me. perhaps, even blood relations don't go that far.''