Chapter 2

Another day passed by but Leonardo was stuck with no escape route. It was three in the morning but sleep couldn't find him. The thoughts of future and what ifs occupied his mind. There was no escape from reality now. Tomorrow's operation was a bitter truth and no wonder how much he despise it, in the end he has to accept it.

And he might have only if the soul crushing news didn't come along with it. He being sold as a slave sounded horror to him. That would place an end to his life as well as his self respect. He wouldn't let that happen. He would never accept this twist of situation. He had made it Crystal clear in his mind that if the selling part of the deal turns out to be true, he would end his life by his own hands.

Just thought of it moistened his eyes but he refused to let any rebellious tear escape. He was stronger, stronger then this. Everything was just in place. He was ready to undergo the hell that would break lose tomorrow and after that he will make sure to never wake up from his unconscious state...

__________________

The night seemed to be never ending. Jasper turned for the tenth time in his bed trying to settle in a comfortable position. It had been three hours but he could not let himself drown in the world of dreams.

Turning for one last time, he gave up. He glanced towards the clock which showed four A.M. The wooden floor beneath his bare feet felt cold. Slowly, he made his way across the darkness to the window.

Pushing the baby blue curtains aside, he gazed out. The sun had started to arise from the blanket of white cloud, spreading a dark shade of blue across the horizon. Down, the lush green fields danced to the rhythm of wind as it blew accompanied by the light yet soft singing of birds.

Such peaceful beauty of nature could kiss anybody's soul but not Jasper. His eyes carried a thirst of peace but Lord had decided not to grant him. He didn't deserve it. Not after what he has done.

Criminals don't get to breathe a single breath in peace...

Closing the curtains behind him, he marched to his Joseph's room. The door squeak open, revealing the loathsome man curled up in blankets. For a moment Jasper gaze fixated at his brother. The thought of what he was about to do send a layer of fear through his body but he composed himself. There was no backing away. He wont let the evil inside of him win again, not this time.

With determined thought, Jasper closed the door behind him and made his way down the creaking wooden stairs to the underground room.

Giving one last thought about his action, he entered.

_____________________________________________

Leonardo didn't know when he escaped through the harsh reality of life into a more peaceful one, the land of sweet dreams.

No matter how hard he tried not to fall asleep, he failed. sleep was like a portal to another dreadful morning and Leonardo wanted anything but to face his fate tomorrow.

The sound of door creek opening made him jump in fear. It was morning, they have come to operate him. This was official end of his life. Thing will never fall back in place as he has longed for a miserable year_

before his tired mind could process any further, he realized it wasn't morning yet. A sigh of relief escaped his soft punctured lips. looking up, his blue orbs met with a pair of brown ones.

''Jasper?'' he whispered, suddenly stunned by his presence at this time of morning. Stumbling upon his feet he tried to get up but failed. The weakness made his feet unable to carry his weight. His forearm smashed with the wall just as his lifeless body fell to the earth.