Chapter 3

Fire lit up in him. He was frivolous! The boy had tried to escape and he was determined to show him the consequences. Joseph saw all his money drained away coupled with the insult he would have to face from the party he had made the deal with.

''How dare he'' He whispered, through gritted teethes, his jaws clenched and hands rolled up in a fist. Before wasting a single second, Joseph was about to run after him but was stopped dead in his track on hearing a similar voice.

'' He didn't dare, brother...'' Jasper stood behind him. '' I did.''His voice being so calm along with carrying an edge of firmness on his words as if for the first time he had done something right.

'' Jasper?'' Joseph turned back on his heels, facing his younger brother with disbelieve. '' Yes brother, it was me'' Jasper folded his arms across his chest, as if to challenge him. In a moment Joseph had his hands grasping Jasper's neck tightly as his body was pressed, harshly, against the wall.

'' What. the. hell. do. you. mean.?'' Joseph breath fanned his face as he let out each word in small breaths. '' My words were clear enough for you to understand.'' Jasper managed to spill the words out while trying hard to catch his breath that has been almost knock out by Joseph .

Joseph left him with a push as he rubbed his forehead in pure distress. '' Now look Jasper, lets do this some other time. Tell me where is Leonardo. the party would be arriving in just some-'' before he could complete, jasper cut in.

'' I wonder when did you become so hard hearted brother? '' '' Don't just act like you wern't involved in all this mess. And now when it has come to money... just leave the money I will give you fifty percent share, now happy?'' Joseph knew this was it. Jasper has planed all this to increase his share. But he knew better. Jasper has disobeyed him, he wouldn't let it go that easily.

'' To hell with this money. I am not your puppet, get that in your think head, not any more'' Furious, Joseph took steps towards his brother. '' And perhaps, you better go find him or else he will be off to some other land'' Jasper smirked, moving back inside and shutting the door loudly at his face.

''I will see you later, Jasper. Just wait and watch'' with that being said Joseph called a few men and set on to find the boy with various thoughts of torture floating through his mind.

______________________________________________________________________

From behind a tree, Leonardo saw Joseph and men going to the east side. Jasper had told Leonardo about the train that would pass the fields tonight, right at ten. He handed him over an old worn out pendant watch along with a little money and told him to somehow get on it, It would take him to Kaiz station from where he could manage to make his journey to Loss Angeles.

Just when the men were out of sight, Leonardo came into open, once again. sensing no danger, he ran off to the west. His breaths were heavy and his legs ached from continues running but nevertheless it felt devine. He had already crossed three fields, just one more to go.

''Ahh...'' he knelt down, panting. his breaths came heavy and rugged. He had no stamina in him to even move an inch of his body. The sudden exertion caused all the muscles of his body to ache.

He layed on the lush green grass under the cover of sky that was now fully lit with baby blue pigment. To say he was scared wouldn't be an understatement but he continuously told himself that he had covered a great distance from the house and that the men wouldn't be able to catch him now.

The weight of his eye lids covered his ocean blue orbs and just like that he drowned into the most beautiful sleep he has ever slept.

Faint sound of people taking disturbed his nap. With every passing second, the sound became more audible and near. It was when he heard his name that all his senses started to work. It were men, he figured out.