twenty six | present

ZHU ZHENGTING

"What should we call ourselves?" I asked Xukun who was stretching quietly.

He thought for a while and then proceeded to call our group mates. "Guys, guys. Before we present, Zhengting has an important question."

"Mr. Huang said that we should have our group name. What should we call ourselves, then?"

They all thought for a while.

"I know! GOT9!" Justin said excitedly.

I rolled my eyes. "Anything else?"

"GOT9? That's so lame. What are we? an idol boy group?" Fan Chencheng teased Justin.

"Monsta-C?" Justin suggested again. "Cosmic boys? WannaBe? OiO?"

"Justin, oh my god."

"If we're a boygroup, we still probably won't have an album after debut for 3 months." Zhangjing said, laughing.

"How about... Nine Percent, then?" Justin asked us and we all looked at him.

"That's nice, actually." I said.

"Nine Percent, it is!" Yanjun nodded his head. "We sound like idols now."

"Wait, is our powerpoint ready?" I asked them and they all widened their eyes. 

"Oh my god, you guys didn't make one?" Chengcheng said, his eyes wide.

"I'm kidding, I made one last night." I flashed them all a smile. 

"Stop joking! I almost had a heart attack." Zhangjing said and we all laughed at him. 

"You guys know your parts, right?" Xukun, being the leader, asked us. He looked nervous now as he chewed on his lip. When he caught me staring at him, he simply smiled at my direction.

Instinctively, my face turned red once again.

I coughed and looked away. "Um, so, let's do our best later, yeah?"

-

After we finished presenting, our teacher had to ask questions regarding our presentation. In my opinion, I think we did well.

"So, since you guys reported everything I asked you to, I'll ask questions about what I discussed last week." Mr. Huang smirked. 

I swear, I hate teachers like this.

"Okay, first question, give me a contraceptive that is known to protect against certain types of sexually transmitted diseases?" He asked and looked at us one by one. I looked at my shoes instead.

"Justin," He called. "What is the answer?"

We all glanced at Justin whose eyes were wide. He looked like he was about to pass out. "Um... I-I think... "

"Condom." I mouthed as he looked at me.

"Gopro?" Justin said. 

I wanted to face palm.

"Wrong. The answer is condom." Mr. Huang said, shaking his head. 

Chengcheng, on the hand, was controlling himself not to laugh. "Gopro, what the actual-"

"Fan Chengcheng, would you like to answer?" 

"No, sir."

"Alright, that's all. Thank you, Nine Percent."

I went back to my seat and patted Justin's back. "It's okay, it's just a graded recitation."

"Gege, I'm so stupid." He looked like he wanted to cry.

"Hey, it's fine. You did great on our presentation, though." I told him.

The bell suddenly rang, making everyone mutter a 'yes'. It was a friday, everyone had plans to do with their time. 

Xukun placed his arm on my shoulder as I went out of the classroom with Justin. "Hey, you did well today."

I grinned. "You helped me last night so, thanks." 

"Anytime." He flashed me a smile and lead me towards the parking lot. "We should hang-"

"Zhengting! We're watching a movie!" Daniel called and I looked at them. He was with Justin and the rest, grinning at me.

"That's Daniel, right?" Xukun asked me and I nodded. "Didn't know you guys were close."

"We used to train together in Korea." I simply said. 

His eyes widened. "You trained in Korea?"

I nodded. "But only for a few months when my dad was designated there."

"Wha-" He was about to say but stopped when Ziyi walked by. 

"Ziyi!" He looked at me first and back at Ziyi. "I'm sorry. I'll call you later, yeah? Be safe." And with that, he left, following Ziyi. 

I ran towards Daniel's car. "You guys didn't have to wait for me."

"We weren't. We were about to go but then, Xinchun saw that you were left by Xukun so we waited for you." Wenjun explained, his bag was on his lap.

"He left you?" Chengcheng asked with a confused look on his face.

"He...he didn't, he was probably busy." I said, looking at the window.

-

PLEASE DO SUPPORT NEX7!! GIVE THEM SOME LOVE THEY DESERVE EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD KSDJDS

also sorry this chapter is lame af