fifty six | notes

SURPRISE !! BET U THOUGHT U'D SEEN THE LAST OF THIS BOOK SHBCSHJC sorry this took so long !!!!!!! omg so someone hacked this acc for some reason and now i got it back oMFG IF U GUYS ONLY KNOW DSCJB anyway  im really so so so so sorry :-( thank u guys for being so patient

also this chapter is so short?????? sorry about that as well

CAI XUKUN

It was already late at night and I couldn't sleep.

My thoughts were filled with Ziyi and Zhengting.

Ziyi and Zhengting. Ziyi and Zhengting. Ziyi and Zhengting.

It wasn't everyday that you heard your boyfriend kissed your best friend in their past lives. I honestly didn't know what to feel about that. A small part of me thinks they were together back then. And a tiny part of me thinks that it was kind of hot, and I wanted to slap myself for even thinking that. 

I checked the time at my phone and it was already 11 pm. Zhengting still hasn't called. Knowing him, maybe he was tired and went straight to bed. However, it still made me worry. 

After a few thoughts, I decided to give him a call. 

"Hi baby." I started to say, once the ringing stop.

"Hey." He said with a strained voice.

"You okay?" I asked worriedly.

"Yup." He said and let out a yawn. "I'm just sleepy."

"You should go to sleep." I suggested. He must be so tired. 

"I will, Xukun. Good night." He said, and with that, he hung up.

There was something in his voice that made me wonder whatever happened to him. Although, a voice in my head told me to just sleep and talk to him about it the next day instead.

-

"Do you want to come over and spend the weekend?"

I paused at my locker, turning to the side as I looked at the person who said that. My eyes were still droopy since I didn't get enough sleep last night. Zhengting fiddled with the straps of his backpack, looking confused for some reason. 

 "You really want me to spend the weekend at your house?" I asked, blinking.

My boyfriend rocked on his toes. "If you want to. You don't have to or anything, but I thought maybe we could...um," He blushed. "... hang out or something."

But that didn't somehow made sense, because Zhengting would have said something about last night not inviting me to come over. Something might have happened last night. It had to be.

I eyed him for a while and smiled. "Okay." 

"Yeah?" Zhengting perked up.

"Yeah. I'd have to ask my parents first, but yeah. I'd like that." I said, and then smirked. "You know I'd like that, baby."

He suddenly hugged me and buried his face onto my shoulder. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." I said, and he pecked a kiss onto my lips. 

I felt a strong flip in my stomach. It was an inconvenient flip, the kind that let loose butterflies and nerves and feelings and... ah shit.

I'm really in love with this boy. 

"My god." Xiao gui walked by us. "Don't do that here. You guys are cute but like..."

"Have a little consideration for the single people out here." Chengcheng said, grinning.

"You guys are just jealous." Zhengting giggled and then continued to kiss my cheek.

"Alright, seniors! Get to class!" Ms. Song said loudly, making everyone head to their own class. 

"Wanna ditch class?" I asked Zhengting, who was holding my hand as we made our way to class.

He just laughed and elbowed me. "We have to go to class, babe."

"Just a suggestion." I said, grinning.

We got to class a little late and took our seats quickly. Mr. Wu was reciting a poem. He ignored our entrance, refusing to break his rhythm.

I yanked a blank page out of my notebook and started writing.

What happened last night? What did u guys talked about?

I shoved the note at Zhengting. He sighed, and then began writing. I peeked through his desk and it looked like he wrote an entire paragraph before slipping back the paper.

Ziyi drove me home. And he told me everything. Everything he knows about our past.

I read it carefully, my eyebrows furrowing.

What did you find out?

He held his hand out and took the paper from underneath my hand.

That we're cousins.

I stared at him wordlessly, just as Mr. Wu came down the aisle.

"Is that something you'd like to share, Cai Xukun?"

I looked up innocently and held out the sheet of paper on top of my folder. "Um, my notes?" I asked, trying to sound confused.

Mr. Wu scanned the notes and then walked away.