part 1

The boy of shadows and the fox who casts them

I don't own Naruto…. Unfortunate I know right

Naruto Uzumaki was always a bit odd, he was smart no doubt but he didn't care too much for interacting with people and preferred to be in or near shadows his whole life and because of this he was almost paper white but his natural partial tan was the only thing stopping him from being paper and this of course brought out birthmarks which were six individual scar like marks that resembled whiskers and the reason behind this is when he wasn't most adults became even meaner they usual were and would go out of their way to trip him and spoke louder when they would say demeaning things about him but never tried to touch him no one dared to try after two years ago.

Naruto had at a young age discover that his shadow didn't match his body it had the crude outline of a fox and would move by its self especially if he was interested in the object, the shadow would reach out and slide itself over the object and this part startled Naruto at first he could feel the objects like as if he was touching it with his own hand and as he got older the shadows became stronger, it was able to pick things up by itself and move them, even objects that Naruto wouldn't be able to lift himself by hand.

But luckily he was able to hide this ability because whatever it was controlling his shadow couldn't control it if he willed his shadow to do something and the creature was smart enough to know not to move in unnatural ways when they were near others and in doing this Naruto kept his secret even from the old man until that night any why.

(Flash no Jutsu)

Naruto was walking back to his house at night during the Kyuubi festival after another store refused to sell him any food "Looks like its ramen again." don't get him wrong ramen is very good but you can only eat sooo much of one thing before you get sick of it.

While talking to himself Naruto never noticed the small crowed that had begun follow him most having a scowl or a sickening grin.

All of them talking about how the "demon" was constantly mocking them with the boys shadow and about how he kept walking around like he owned the whole town this did nothing but upset them more as they picked up in their pace until they caught up with him and subtly forced him into an allay not far from his home in the red light district of town almost no one was here not even any ninja as far as they could tell so they began.

"You Demon freak we are going to pay you back for all the pain you caused us!" yelled one of the more bold members and this brought courage to the rest of the group who then rushed forwards.

One of the faster ones punched him in the face knocking him to the floor several more began kicking him and after a couple of minutes of people taking turns beating him they stopped.

Naruto thought that they were finally going to go away until he overheard one of them "So how do you think we should kill it?" he could not understand what was said but he heard one of them mumble a reply and then he heard footsteps walking towards him.

/I don't want to be hurt again/ thought Naruto when a dark voice replied s in his mind "Even if you must kill?" "Even that!" responded Naruto in fear "Then all you have to do is go to sleep for a while kit pleasant dreams and be prepared for the consequences." the voice whispered.

To the people in the group all they say was the boy tense and then scream an answer to an unasked question "Even that!" they all paused before a second later freezing completely a deep red shroud (some would have said it reminded them of that chakra from nine years ago) had surrounded him and shadows began crawling up his body scaring them even more.

The shadows had reached Naruto's neck and as soon as they covered his neck his head came up but shockingly his eyes where closed as if asleep and the shadows just barely touched his eye's before they shot open his whisker like marks darkening as the now red eyes were revealed to the world.

One of the less intelligent members in the crowd instead of running away started shouting "The demon is awake it's going to kill us all hurry get it before it gains full control of its body!" of course some of the smarter people ran towards the exit before their own shadows shot in front of them and raised from the ground blocking their path so they turned around only to see the red shroud mix with the shadows on Naruto before all of the chakra in the air around him condensed creating a deep red almost black colored creature (imagen four tails state only a deeper shade of red and one tail) and on this creature the only visible features were two pure white eyes the glowed like the rest of it before a sharp jagged zigzag like grin speared on its face before running forward.

(With Hiruzen at the same time)

Hiruzen was once again in his office on this holiday with extra paper work due to property damage caused by drunken civilians when he felt killer intent and chakra that he had wished to never feel again.

He stood up quickly and called the ANBU to assist him as he jumped out the window and headed towards the source hoping against all hope that Naruto had not released the Kyuubi.

Hiruzen was hoping that whoever had sparked the Kyuubi's chakra had been smart and had run but when he arrived he found a small Kyuubi look alike surrounded by corpses and blood, standing in front of three people, all of which were on the civilian council one had pink hair the other two were from well-known merchant families and they too were covered in blood.

The creature turned and looked at Hiruzen and lost the smile that it was wearing and held its head moaning in apparent pain.

(Within the mindscape)

"No, no more!" screamed Naruto his body may have been asleep but he was still able to "see" what was happening with his body outside of this strange place all the blood all of the death for certain he would need a psychologist after seeing this much death at the mere age of ten but then he felt a new presences a couple in fact but one the strongest felt very familiar to him he watched as his body turned and looked at the new arrivals and all seemed to freeze as he saw who it was.

"No, not him I won't let you!" and as he struggled he felt more and more pain but also felt more in control and after 5 to 6 min. he had almost gained control of his body again when the voice returned "What are you doing, let me kill one of those who assisted in my capture you agreed to kill!" "No I agreed to defend myself!" responded Naruto and with those words Naruto ripped the last string that the voice had used to control his body and his pain tripled.

All the sudden Naruto was seeing from his eyes once again and still feeling the pain he looked down to see the same arms that he had seen when he was in that weird place only this time they were getting smaller and smaller until they had been absorbed into his arms and the shadows slowly traced back down the paths they took to travel his body.

When it was all done Naruto stood there in scraps of clothing and covered in very bad chakra burns that glowed slightly before stopping as the last of the Kyuubi's chakra was drawn back in Naruto looked Hiruzen in the face before whispering in pain " Old man, help me please it hurts." and promptly fell over on his face.

And that a wrap

Please review

Possible pairings: no idea