part 3

The boy of shadows and the fox who casts them

Chapter 3 I don't own Naruto

two Months later

Naruto was sitting in a psyche chair with the head of the Yamanaka sitting behind a desk near him and it was nearing the end of their 20th visit and Inoichi sighed before asking a question.

"Naruto, do you think that these sessions are helping?" Naruto looked over and Inoichi saw Naruto's now pale skin and hair as he had barely left the room that his newly discovered family had given him, not even to eat and when he did he ate very little .

It was startling to see how skinny and pale he had become two months after the incident Naruto looked down but stayed silent Inoichi furrowed his eyebrows and asked again "Naruto?"

Naruto looked up and spoke quietly "I think so but I have never had anyone to talk to before and it feels odd now that I do." Inoichi nodded and got up and walked over to Naruto and offered his hand to help him get up which Naruto hesitantly took and then Inoichi walked the boy out of the psychiatrist section of the hospital.

Inoichi waved as Naruto left for the home who waved back and Inoichi went back in to make his report and hand it to the Hokage but he had a small smile Naruto may have seen bad but he was much worse at the beginning and had started to get better at the turn of the first month and as of now he was stable enough to finally start the academy granted he was a month late but it was better than quitting which Naruto had contemplated but decided that the ninja life was the best life that he would get.

Next day

Naruto awoke to a knock on his door "Hmm who could that be?" and as he got up his shadow which had been moving across the walls and occasionally moved objects such as pictures or the cup and plate of food which he had barely eaten from last night.

The shadow turned to the door and stretched to it as Naruto's will over powered the presences in his shadow and he opened the door and on the other side was Hiruzen.

Naruto got out of bed and walked to the door "Old man? What are you doing here?" Hiruzen smiled and replied "Ahh Naruto I am here to show you to the academy."

Naruto frowned "What do you mean I thought I wouldn't be able to go for a few more months." said Naruto as raised his eyebrow in question.

"Oh well I wanted it to be a surprise." said Hiruzen with a smile as he lead a freshly clothed Naruto thru and out of the Nara compound "Here this is a present for finally being able to join the academy." Hiruzen then handed a small bundle and a scroll to Naruto with a small smile.

Naruto raised his eyebrow in confusion and began to undo the wrap and exposed a small puppet and a nice set of kunai and shurikan Naruto looked up at Hiruzen confused "What would I need the puppet for?" asked Naruto.

Hiruzen picked up thee puppet and showed that it was shaped like a human "You could use it to help your shadow control and if you want you could take up puppetry for another weapon in your arsenal that scroll has a bit on making chakra strings."

Naruto smiled and lightly took the puppet and looked over the other gifts from Hiruzen as he put the kunai and shurikan in a pouch on his leg and began to play with the doll using his shadow making use of one of the few technics he had been taught while at the Nara house.

The Shadow Imitation no jutsu was Naruto's favorite and right now he was using it to make the puppet mimic him as he followed Hiruzen out of the compound which earned him a few odd looks from a few Nara that they passed.

"Thank you Old man these are really nice and I will try my best at the academy." said Naruto as he smiled at the Hokage. After 10 minutes they had made it to Naruto's new class room.

Hiruzen opened the door and gestured for Naruto to enter first which the pale and thin child did while his new puppet mimicked his actions quietly.

Hiruzen entered quietly behind him and closed the door getting shocked looks except for one lazy stare from the back of the room, the first was because a ghostly looking kid had entered the class room with a wooden doll that followed his movements, and then the freaking Hokage walked in.

Both stopped in front of the class and the Hokage began to speak "Everyone this is Naruto Uzumaki, Nara he is just starting training due to some mental trauma and I personally ask you to not bother him with questions."

Hiruzen then turned to Iruka and Mizuki "Also due to his physical state I would not have him work on taijutsu until his physical state improves." this got a nod from the teachers.

Hiruzen nodded to them then to Naruto before gesturing for him to sit down, Naruto silently moved to an empty seat beside a girl with dark blue almost black hair, who just glanced at him and turned back to the hokage.

Hiruzen nodded to Naruto "I well check in on you later Naruto so I will see you then." said Hiruzen as he walked out the door.

Naruto nodded and gave a quite goodbye as his puppet mimicked him but it sat on air throwing off a few kids as to how he made it do that.

After a few hours Naruto got bored of listening to Iruka drone on so he opened the scroll that Hiruzen had given him on chakra strings which stated that to start he needed to manifest his chakra in as close to a thread in size as possible.

So he focused on making a thread form and be as thin as possible and watched as a small twig sized chakra thread formed on his pointer finger from there it took a few minutes but Naruto managed to maneuver the "thread" into the dolls head and then managed to pull it to the top of the desk with the thread.

After a few minutes Naruto had made more threads and was maneuvering the puppet much easier and it was getting easier as the class went on causing Naruto to smile slightly while several kids watched silently as it was more entertaining than Iruka's speech so not one student dared to bring attention to Naruto.

(Several hours and lectures later)

Three hours in Naruto had gotten bored with his puppet after a while so he did as his only known clan was known for…he slept and the rest of the class followed suit since their only source of entertainment was now asleep.

Iruka turned around expecting to see a class of kids happily listing to his enjoyable and exciting speech but…his hopes were crushed by the room of sleeping people and I say people because Iruka's friend/helper was also asleep snoring as he went.

So Iruka took a deep breath and used his patented Jutsu, the giant demon head no Jutsu, this woke the whole room up…along with anyone else asleep within a 100ft area.

"Ok since you don't want to listen I guess that we can go outside for Kunai and shurikan practice." said Iruka moving towards the door of the classroom."

And cut