part 4

The boy of shadows and the fox who casts them

Chapter 4

I don't own Naruto

I am considering making this a Naruto x Ino or Naruto x Fuu

Naruto stared down at his hands blood drips down his arms and off his appendages and then a dark voice, the same voice as he heard that night and a dark shadow covered his form wrapping around him greeting him like an old friend "Hello my little traitor." Naruto looked up at the source of the voice and large red eyes and enormous smile greeted him before the mouth opened and it lunged at him.

Naruto shoot up out of his bed a cold sweat dripping down his face and as he looked around his room he almost swore that his shadow wore a smile like the one in his nightmare but after looking back he was greeted with his moving shadow but no smile so he stood up and moved to his window and sat down by it.

Naruto sighed, the same dream that has haunted him since he killed the mob that attacked him that night it was the reason for the bags under his eyes his lack of sleep but it gave him lots of time to think and practice things.

Naruto looked over at his tiny puppet before sending and connecting his chakra strings, which had become much smaller with his constant practicing, to it before pulling it to him making it walk as he made his way outside of the compound.

After a moment Naruto was outside and on the roof of the main house staring blankly at the moon as he made his puppet dance on the moonlight within the air and Naruto stayed that way until morning.

Shikamaru woke up with a rolling pin as an alarm his mother stood above him while threatingly brandishing said rolling pin "Your cousin is missing...find him and get ready for a meeting between the trio and it will be his first so bring him to me and I will make sure he is decent." Shikamaru's mom turned to leave and Shikamaru shudder and muttered about trouble some women causing his mom to freeze at the door way and turn a wicked glare aimed at her son.

"Did you say something?" the sickly sweet tone warned Shikamaru against responding and instead got up and rushed to get dressed before leaving to look for his cousin which after a bit of thought he found him eyes marred by faint dark patches under his eyes and his little wooden puppet was fighting sticks and leaves which Naruto was controlling with his other hand.

Shikamaru gently shook his cousin's shoulder "Hey Naruto my mom needs to see you...we are having a meeting with the other clans."

Naruto turned to him and grabbed his puppet out of the air before getting up "Where is she?"

Shikamaru offered a hand to his cousin "Come on I will show you it would be troublesome if you got lost in the compound again." Naruto gave a small smile and took the offered hand allowing Shikamaru to pull him up before he led the boy away to the torture of a parent.

As Naruto moved he gained a sickening feeling the closer he got to his aunt and then they finally arrived at his aunt's door and after a moment Shikamaru just vanished leaving Naruto to knock on the door alone.

Naruto took a moment to look for his cousin gave up a few seconds in to his search and went to knock on the door but it opened before he could touch it and a hand grasped his wrist and pulled a stunned Naruto into the room.

2 hours later

Naruto wandered around the meeting/BBQ his eyes vacant he was put through torture in the hour where his aunt tried to tame his hair, she had managed to smooth it back except for the two small bundles which refused to lay back and dangled in front of his forehead then the next 45 minutes consisted of trying on kimonos and trying them on before his aunt had settled on a black kimono with crimson orange trim.

Naruto was then released into the party which had started at least 10 minutes ago and so the boy wondered around until he moved around an adult only to bonk heads with a blond haired girl.

Both blonds fell to the ground before rubbing their heads at the pain while several adults chuckled at them Naruto got up and muttered a quite apology before moving away wiping dust and dirt from his kimono suddenly the other blond was in front of him.

"Hey don't you know it rude to bump into someone and not apologize or help them up?!" screamed the girl before she took a moment to take in his features freezing before she could continue her rant.

Naruto frowned slightly before replying "I am sorry about not helping you up but I did apologies you probably didn't hear me though." unaware of the bomb he was setting off much to the amusement of everyone else.

Ino whom was stuck in though only caught that he accused her of not listening and her face became alight with embarrassment "Hey first you knock down a beautiful girl and now your insulting her and you apparently don't recognize the princess of your clan!"

Naruto gave a small smile and tilted his head before asking "And what clan is that Miss Princess?"

Ino scowled "The Yamanaka clan obviously your hair gives it away though you are really pale."

Naruto's smile grew as he responded "Actually I am a part of the shadow user clan."

The blonds indignant shout was cut off when she saw Naruto's shadow which he made match his form stretch to her's before merging at which point Naruto put his hand on his cheek making the blond mimic him as he spoke "I am Naruto by the way."

And cut