Chapter 2

I was laying down under one of the many beach trees outside of Hogwarts near the lake. It was probably the last warmest day of the year and most students were taking it to their advantage. Next to me sitting up and doing his Potions homework was Severus Snape. He was my best friend.

We meet when he ran into me, literaly. He was scared of at me at first but still amazed at the same time. I dont know what it was but we just hit it off from the very beginning. We made a vow though that no matter what houses we get put into we would stay best friend. When the sorting hat did put us in seperate houses, Severus in Slytherin and me in Gryffindor, we knew to stick together. I had made a few other friends in Gryffindor but i wasn't as close with them. The rest were terrified of me.

"Why did Professor Slughorn have to give us so much homework!" said Severus.

"You still didn't finish it?" i asked. Looking up at him.

"No, did you?"

"Yeah a while ago," i'm pretty sure he mumbelled something but i just laughed it off. We were close like that. All of a sudden we heard.

"Gross! Is that Snivelus Snape!?" screamed Potter and he laughed along with his friends. Aka, the marauders. They were a pequliar set of boys, there was 4 of them.

Peter Pettigrew, who was short and fat and oddly resembeled a rat. Remus Lupin, who was the prefect of the group and made sure that the rest of them never got in trouble. James Potter, who always had messy hair and had an obvious crush on Lily Evans who just kept denying him. Potter always had a stupid little snitch with him that annoyed the crap out of me, he was in LOVE with quidditch. I mean i liked it too but not as much as him.

Lastly, there was Sirius, Sirius Black. Sirius was the tallest and most good looking of the group. Which is perfectly fine but he knew he was good looking too and showed it off. All the girls croned over him, which just made me want to throw up. Snape teased me for liking him but other than looks he seemed like a total prick. He ALWAYS got in trouble.

"Get a life Potter," Severus screamed back to him without looking up from his parchment.

"Says the kid who's doing homework," Sirius added on.

"Good one Sirius," pointed out Peter and Sirius had a smirk on his face. All of a sudden James said:

"Accio Homework," and Snapes homework flew out of his hands and into James's. I knew Snape was a slow fighter so i bolted up right and took out my wand.

"Accio Snitch!" i said and out from Potter's hands and into mine flew his stupid little annoying Snitch. Potter's mouth dropped. "Give him back the homework," i said.

"That's not cool Martha," Sirius said with a slight smirk on his face, thinking i would fall for it. I wouldn't.

"Give me back my snitch," said Potter.

"Give Severus back his homework," Severus was too shocked to say anything so he just sat there at a loss for words.

"Why don't we all give eachother their stuff back and we can all--"

"Shut up Remus!" yelled Sirius. With that he lifted his wand and i knew he was about to hex me so i jumped up and before he could do anything i started screaming spells. I knew i wasn't a dark wizard but i get vicious when someone tries to hex me.

"Expeliarmus!" his wand flew out of his hand. "Accio Wand!" it flew into my hand. "Levicorpus!" and Sirius was suspended in the air by his ankle.

"Put me down! and give me my wand back!" i completely ignored him. Peter's mouth had dropped and so had Snape's. Remus was completely done with the situation and had walked off. James was looking at me terrified at what i might do next.

"Now," i stood up and walked over to James. "You give me Severus's homework, and i'll give you back your stupid little snitch,"

"Wow Snevelus you have a girl fight for you--"

"Make fun of him and you'll be like your friend," i said gesturing over to Black who was still suspended in the air by his ankle. James gulped and handed me Snape's homework and i gave him back his snitch.

"Now put him down," James said, thinking he had won the battle.

"No problem," i said with a smirk i turned to Sirius and tapped my wand. He fell right on his head.

"Not like that!" James said running over to Sirius and i giggled.

"Ow," Sirius proclaimed while he rubbed his head. "Now give me my wand back," he stood up again. Since i was standing next to them i realised that Sirius had to look down to look at me. I was tall but he was taller and his long-ish hair was in a mess in front of his yes.

"Hm? No," i said and walked away leaving him with his mouth dropped. "Let's go Severus,"

"Your not going to give him his wand back?" asked Snape looking back.

"He tried to hex me, what do you think i'm gonna do?" and Snape knew what i meant.