Spencer Reid x Reader

This is for my beautiful friend, Miss @jenny_304 because I asked her who she would rather date and she told me none other then the amazing Dr. Spencer Reid himself. I wrote this on especially for her. <3

"Hey, where's Reid?"

"Morgan, its the second week of June, remember? Reid always takes the week off," Prentiss said.

"Oh yeah." Morgan sighed in relief. "I wonder why he does that anyway."

"I have no clue, but sadly he'll have to cut his vacation time short." JJ walked up with the rest of the team, holding seven manila case file envelopes ... all of which were filled to their maximum. "We have a case in New Orleans ... and it's really  bad. We need everyone on this case."

Everyone's heart dropped at the size of the case files and having to work another one after getting back from their previous one two days ago. After JJ handed out all the files, they heard the elevator doors open and the long strides of none other than Dr. Spencer Reid.

"Hey guys, just needed to grab some things I left here," Spencer said, retreating to his desk and proceeding to grab a couple things. Hotch sighed and walked over to him.

"Reid, we have another case. This is really serious and we need everyone we can get on it."

"But this is my week off. Hotch, I always take the week off and you know that," he said, dropping his things on the desk and pointing a very stern face towards him. 

"I know but we really need you now more than ever. Look at the size of this case file." He proceeded to show him the case file and Reid just shook his head. 

"I'm sorry Hotch." He picked up his things and strode past the six foot two iron wall. 

"Reid-"

"Hotch I cant work the case. Case closed." And the elevator swallowed him up.

"Now what the heck was that?" Morgan asked sternly.

"I have no idea but I think we need to follow him to make sure he is okay," Prentiss said, looking back towards the elevator. 

"Looks like he grabbed his gun and vest," JJ said, surveying his desk.

"If he took his gun and vest, something is definitely wrong. Let's go and someone call (y/n). She needs to know about this and we might need her help." Rossi said.

~~~~~

Spencer pulled up to a very old house that looked like it hadn't been painted in years. Inside, he knew it held him ... Darrel Prince. He had ordered him to come to the address, at which he was standing at now. He had written this all in a note and placed it on Spencer's island in his home, the note also followed by detailed pictures of everyone and their houses.

A guy in all black stepped out of the house, hood over his head and his face down. "Ah, Dr. I've been expecting you. Come on in ... friend."

Spencer grimaced but complied to the strange man's order, stepping up onto the porch, feeling the hate from his sneer. He regretfully stepped inside the house before everything went black. 

~~~~~

You were with the team after they had called and informed you that Spencer had shown some suspicious and quite irrational behavior and that they needed your help with the case. You had been in the BAU previously, that was how you knew the team so well. You were forced to leave, though, because you were shot by an Unsub, the bullet ripped through your vest and fractured some of your spinal chord. 

After realizing that Spencer had told you once that he took time off from work to go visit his mother for a straight week, the team called Garcia. After narrowing down a list, you came up with the name Darrel Prince. He was a former FBI Agent, but when Spencer and the team caught him inflicting serious damage to another FBI agent in the alleyway, they were forced to arrest him and press battery charges against him. 

The team believed that he had kidnapped Spencer, which was motivated by rage and revenge for what the team had done to him and they all got into the SUVs as quickly as they could. You were with Hotch and JJ, the whole time praying that Spencer was okay. To be honest, you really likes him and were afraid that he would get hurt and that you would never get to tell him how you really felt. 

"What's the address again, (y/n)?" Hotch asked, making a sharp turn. 

You looked at the lock screen of your phone. "8675 Primrose La ..." You didn't finish the sentence because a text from Spencer showed up on the screen of your phone, the time indicating it was sent an hour ago. "Hotch,"

"What is it (y/n)?"

"Spencer just sent me this: Hope that you don't Overreact but Since I have The week off, I went to A rental and Got a car to drive up to mom's. Everything is alright."

"What the heck?" JJ asked.

"Oh my god," you said, looking though the text again. "The words capitalized are Hope, Overreact, Since, The, A, Got, Everything's. If you take the first letter of every word-"

"Hostage," Hotch said grimly. 

~~~~~

"DARREL PRINCE! FBI! PUT YOUR HAND'S UP"

Spencer looked weakly up from his position crumpled up on the floor. Pain was erupting from every angle and part of his body and he could feel warm fresh blood trickling over caked blood all over his body. He saw Morgan and Hotch restraining Prince and finally felt like he could shut his eyes in relief. But before he drifted off into unconsciousness, he could see your glowing silhouette rushing over and bending down over him.

"I-I did it ... f-for you," he managed to get out. "H-he was af- ... after you a-and the ... the team."

"Shh, it's okay Spencer. Everything will be alright. A medic is coming, so stay awake Spencer." Spencer's eyes dropped heavily and were so close to closing. "No Spencer, I know your sleepy but stay awake."

"I love you, (y/n)." 

"I love you too, Spencer," you breathed, tears streaming down your face. 

~~~~~

Word Count: 1000