Chapter Three

I realize I forgot my backpack, so I quickly grab it and drop it off at the usual alley. I reluctantly told Ned I'd drop by so we could mess around with my webbing, after he begged me.

I look around and breathe in the crip, garbage air, it stinks. With my nose scrunched I try webbing away, but get stopped by the sight of crime. A couple of guys are breaking into a store. I chuckle to myself and run towards them.

____---**Tony's Pov**---____

The elevator ding jerks me out from my tinkering on the Iron Spider. I flip my welding mask up and see Steve.

"What are you doing?" My husband asks me. He walks beside me and looks at the suit.

"I'm making sure Peter's suit is as protective as possible." I flip down the mask and continue. Steve backs away.

"Honey." He puts his hand on my shoulder and takes the mask completely off. "I know you're worried about Peter, but you should get some rest." He leads me to the elevator.

"I just can't get my mind off of him getting hurt." We get in the elevator and press the button to the suites. "From a mistake I made." I add quietly.

"Tony, he's not getting hurt anytime soon. He's asleep in his bed." We walk out. "Come on, let's go check on him."

"Okay." I slowly open Peter's bedroom door. He's sleeping so soundly you can barely hear him breathe.

"See?" Steve whispers and kisses me. "He's all right." We linger in the doorway before heading to our room.

As I'm sitting in the bed, I get suspicious. 'Jarvis would've notified me if something wasn't right. Maybe I should check on him again...'

____---**Peter's POV**---____

'Another great night of crime fighting!' I think to myself as I web to the alley with my backpack. I land right next to it and quickly change. 'Now I just got to go to Ned's and-' A loud noise interrupts my thoughts.

"I-Is anyone there?" I call out. I shoulder my backpack and look around cautiously. I can feel a slight tingling in the back of my head. 'My Spidey-sense! But why's it so dull?'

My question is answered when a guy appears from the shadows and punches me in the gut. I almost vomit instantly. He takes out a photo and compares it to me.

"Huh, so you're Peter Parker?" The man's voice is a low rumble. My old last name sounds so alien.

I can't help but awnser him, "Yeah." He punches me again and I stumble backwards.

"Hello, Peter. I've been sent here to kill you." Thunder shocks the Earth and rain pours down.

I stare in horror and shock. The man punches me in the face, I fall on my butt into a puddle. My spider-sense tingles more than a bell on Christmas day, but I can't make myself do anything. Liquid drips down my cheek, I touch it and see the shiny crimson on my fingers. My vision blurs and the next thing I see is a blob of black and red. It shouts, "Who's messing with my sweet cheeks?!"

The blob lunges at the man with a blade in each hand, the guy dodges it. He grabs out a knife and runs at at me. The steel is buried in my side. I scream as the man is killed. I look up at my hero and I know who it is.

"Wade, help." Is all I can manage to get out.

"Don't worry honey! I've got you!" He chucks the carcass to the side and focuses on the knife in me. "Look at me." I look up and he kisses me. As our lips connect, Wade pulls out the blade and puts his hand over it. He pulls away and asks, "Wasn't so bad right?"

I pant, partially from the kiss and partially from the other events. "Wha-what?" I notice the knife not in me anymore. I put my hand over his. "Thank you."

He pulls me into his lap. "No problem." He smiles and buries his nose in my hair. "What were you doing out so late?" My only response is a whimper. I start to tear up, 'I'm so happy Wade was there, but what if he wasn't? Would I be dead?' "Call one of your dads. They're probably worried sick about you."

I nod my head and grab out my phone. It doesn't even ring once before Dad picks up.

"What the hell Peter!" Tony shouts through the phone. "It is midnight! Where the fuck are you?!"

I sniffle loudly and gasp out sobs. "I'm so sorry Dad." I cry more into Wade's shoulder. "I'm sorry."

"Oh God, Pete I'm sorry I yelled at you, I-I." He stutters.

I hear the phone crinkle and a different voice speaks. "Are you okay? Where are you, we'll come get you." It's Pops.

I grip by bloody side and Wade lightly squeezes me. "We-We're at-" I stop talking and shove my face into the merc's shoulder, trying to make the pain go away.

Wade takes the phone and answers for me. "-And your son is fine~, and alright. Just a little stabbed and sick." He kisses my head. "His ass is still smokin'."

I smile and whisper a muffled protest, "Wade."

"He was stabbed?!" Steve worriedly asks.

"Did you cause this, Wade?" Tony accuses.

"No, Dad, he saved me from some guys with knives. If he wasn't there, I'd be hurt way worse." I softly groan. "I just wanna go home."

"Don't worry sweetheart, we're on our way to get you." Steve replies.

My spider sense tingles and I push myself away from Wade. I stumble to the ground and fall in a puddle, the dirty water soaking my clothes. I get on my hands and knees.

"Woah, babe." Wade tries to help me up, but I retch and start to shake. I retch again and sick pours from my mouth. "Oh, God." Wade says into the phone, "Okay, scratch that, really sick." He hangs up.

I curl into a ball and wimper, "I just wanna go home."

"Your daddies will be here soon, but in the meantime," He lays down on the ground next to me. "I'm here." I can't help but smile.

____---****---____

A car pulls up beside us and my parents get out. Wade helps me to my feet and they both hug me.

"Peter we're so sorry!" Pops squeezes me.

"I'm really sorry." Dad apologizes.

"Maybe you should just take the little sick boy home." Wade points out.

Tony glares at him. Steve responds, "All right, let's go home."

"I want Wade to ride with us." I plead, flashing my cutest face.

"No."

"Tony, our son is sick and you won't grant him his request?"

Dad sighs, "Fine."

We all pile in the car. It's mostly silent, and I'm exhausted. My eyes start to shut and I lay my head in Wade's lap. I watch him take off his gloves and rub my head. I relax as I drift off to sleep.