Two.

Dedicated to wickedivory. Thank you for your help

----------------------------------------

Jere it's bad.

Jeremiah couldn't get those words out of his head. That's how it always started. By being bad and before anyone knew it, it was worse and then there was nothing anyone could do. He hated that feeling. He hated feeling helpless. Like he was useless and worthless. It was one thing for someone to get sick and send you medicines or water or whatever they needed. Sick people were demanding but for Jeremiah he thought it was only fair. If he could do it then he would. No questions or complains or anything. You ask and you get. Simple. But it was another thing when a sick person says 'it's bad and there is nothing they can do'. That tended to piss him off. Like what do you mean there's nothing they can do? Didn't doctors study so that they could cure illnesses? Then why say there is nothing they can do? Why stand there and say its too late or impossible?

That was the one thing he didn't understand. Terry tried to explain it to him but he just never got it. People chose to study something because they thought they were good at it. You pick something you can do. Not something you can't then go and disappoint other people. When his father called him that morning he didn't expect bad news. He just thought his old man wanted to invite him over for the weekend or Terry had tried to send him on another blind date. But as his father uttered those three little words, he couldn't help wondering why this was happening to him.

It was happening all over again. That was how it had started. It was bad. Then worse. And then she was gone. Just like that. And he was left all alone even though his father was right beside him. He felt alone with absolutely no one. He'd gone off the rails. The world was dark and whatever he did didn't matter. Until Terry had come and saved him. Little by little she brought him back to the light side and now she was going to do it again but instead of light she was going to push him back to the dark side. He hung up then swiped his desk clean knocking everything to the floor. Delilah his secretary, rushed in to ask if something was wrong but he didn't see her he just left heading to the lift. He considered taking the stairs but it would take too long. He wanted out of that building. Thirty floors down he was in the lobby and everyone paved way for him. No asked where he was going or if he wanted his driver. Not that he would have heard them.

His head was ringing and blood rushed to his ears. He got out and walked not knowing where he was going. A few cars honked at him for walking in front of them but he didn't pay attention to any of them. He kept walking with no sense of direction. It was hours later when he found himself in front of a small bakery that was too bright for his normal tastes. All the pink and blue colours were blinding but for some reason he felt like he needed the brightness. His life was about to be dark again and he was clinging to any kind of color he could. He walked in and inwardly felt at peace when the bell jingled on top of him. Whatever it was, it calmed him and his dark thoughts.

As he walked to the counter, his eyes latched onto a waitress who was staring at him like he was an alien. He was used to women throwing themselves at him but this one was just staring and somehow her gaze made him nervous. The guy behind the counter snapped her out of it and he felt happy that she was annoyed for being interrupted, judging by bite in her voice. He told her something Jeremiah didn't quite get because he was busy staring back at her. She wasn't like the models he was used to dating. Her uniform showed a great deal of legs that were curved to perfection with a tiny waist and breasts he guessed were D cups. He enjoyed big breasts even if they were enhanced but hers screamed natural making him want to see what they were like in the flesh. Were they soft and pliant? Or soft and upright like the ones he had seen on those models?