Chapter 1

The evening air was cold and windy, I zipped up my jacket trying to trap in the heat. I walked down the street listening to music, my hands in my pockets, my iPod in my back pocket and my head phones in my ears. 

My head bobbed slightly along to the thyme of the beat, I heard a loud chuckle from somewhere. I took the head phones out of my ear and looked around in every direction for the origin of the chuckle. "Look here boys we have a blonde" I turned around to see a small group of boys come out from no where. 

They had tattoo's all up their arms, they wore identical jackets with some LOGO on the back. Most of them had a cigarette in their mouths, I had a bad feeling about this. I slowly turned away from them and walked down the street.

A rough pair of arms wrapped around my waist and dragged me back into the centre of the circle of boys. They all looked at me in disturbing ways, and I didn't like it one bit. "I wanna hear her die" One said to the group and I swallowed quietly, things were heading some where bad and fast. 

"No she's to pretty to die, let's not kill her let's ruin her life" One of them said stepping into the circle closer to me. He nodded at the others and they nodded back, probably aggreeing what to do to me. He stepped closer to me and I cowered back and whimpered when he reached out to touch me.

He pushed my hair behind my ear and he grinned at me, I froze in fear as his fangs extract. I screamed loudly taking a step back only to bump into the barrier of men. He ran over to me with inhuman speed, he placed his hands on either side of my face holding me still.

He opened his mouth and licked his lips, revealing his fangs to me once again. 

"NO DON'T TO THIS TO ME!" I cried out in desperation, but it didn't stop him. I started struggling against his grip then he tore his teeth into the flesh in my neck. I let out a weak scream being to much in shock and pain to do anything else, he pulled away from me and I fell to the ground.

The venom was horrifying as it sourced through my veins, the jerks just walked away leaving me to turn into the monster they are. I felt the venom take over I let out a painful scream "WHY ME!" I shouted out before I fell unconscious...

"Wake up Kate!" My eyelids burst open and I quickly sat up in bed, covered in sweat and panting. Ashley was sitting on my bed next to me with a worried expression, but she was used to this. Once a week, every week since I was turned centuries ago, I would have the same nightmare of that horrible day.

Ashley sent me apologetic look, she didn't know my pain. She was born a monster unlike me, she had no idea how painful how mentally insane it made me. I'm not crazy or insane, just it's like a nightmare but instead it's a memory that never left my sleep. 

"It's time to get ready for school, I've made breakfast down stairs" She told me handing me a glass of water from my night stand, I always have water there in case I have another night terror. "Thanks I'll be down soon" I said taking a sip from the glass then I jumped out of bed and walked into my closet.

I grabbed my black and white New York City basket ball shirt I got from my first game I went to see, my dad bought if for me. Pushing back memories of my parents I grabbed my skinny jeans from Jeans West and I grabbed some under garments. 

I brought my clothes into the bathroom and put my clothes on, I brushed my red hair and put it up in a messy pony tail. OK before you ask me why is your hair red? I thought it was blonde? Well it's quite rare for a vampire to be bitten into this world.

Yes families do turn their young once they turn 18, but no one ever turns a complete stranger into such a monster. That happened to me was illegal, unfair and down right cruel and after I was turned my hair turned red to represent the cruelty of my turning.