Chapter 29 Goodbye

"Good morning everyone." A new teacher comes in and says. I look up. "All righty." He says rubbing his hands together. I look over to Bonnie who just walked in looking upset. "You Ok?" I ask her who looks like she's about to cry she just shrugs. "Alaric Saltzman." Alaric says smiling. "It's a mouthful I know doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Saltzman is of German origins my family immigrated here in 1755 to Texas I however was born and raised in Boston. Now the name Alaric belongs to a very dead great grandfather I Who I will never be able to thank enough." He says sarcastically. I smirk. Finally a funny teacher. "You probably wanna pronounce it Ah-laric but it's Aw-laric. Okay? So you can call me Rick." He nods. "I'm your new history teacher." He says. I look over to the seat next to me which is empty. Stefan...I shake my head.

I see Stefan walking past Elena outside of school. I quickly walk over to him. "Did you do it?" I snap. He looks at me smiling. "No." I let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you." I say after a few minutes of silence. He looks at me confused. "For two things. One not killing Damon and two...for not telling anyone about what I said last night." I say looking down. He nods. "I promise I won't."

Jenna, Jeremy and I are sitting in the Grill talking about Alaric who is sitting at the bar. "I like a man that can dine alone, quiet strength." Jenna says looking at him. I laugh. "That's what you look for in a guy how they dine?" I say laughing. She rolls her eyes. "I thought you were still in that whole Logan depression thing." Jeremy says. I look down knowing he is dead. "Oh I've sworn of men forever but it doesn't mean I can't observe them from a safe distance." Jenna says smiling. I laugh. "Well I can introduce you." Jeremy says. I look at him confused. Him help someone in their love life...really. Jenna shakes her head. I feel a beep in my pocket. Pulling my phone out I notice Bonnies name.
Amy: what's wrong?
Bonn-Bonn: your boyfriend is a psycho
I look at my phone confused. Rolling my eyes I type.
Amy: what did he do now?
Bonn-Bonn: he threatened me because of my necklace so I threw it away but he won't leave me alone.
Amy:I'll be over soon. Where are you?
Bonn-Bonn: Your old house
I look up from my phone. "Guys Bonnie needs me I'll Cya tomorrow." I say quickly before leaving. I walk up to her house to see Stefan and Elena outside. Just great the two people I don't want to see. "Is She Ok?" I ask them. They nod. "What would Damon want with Bonnie?" Stefan asks confused. "She has this necklace, Caroline got it from Damon and she gave it to Bonnie and now Damon wants it back. He's tormenting her." Elena says. I roll my eyes. "If He was tormenting her you would know it." I mumble annoyed. She glares at me. "Over a necklace." Stefan says confused and so am I. "It's not just any necklace. It has to do with Bonnies heritage." That got our attention. "It belonged to one of her ancestors who lived here during the civil war." She says pacing but then stopped looking at Stefan. Wait she means...Emily Bennett. "When you and Damon lived here." She says. "Emily Bennett." I say. Elena looks at me confused and Stefan looks at me shocked. "How do you know her?" Stefan asks. I look at him trying to conjure up an excuse. "Think I heard it from Bonnie." I said lying. He nods. Of course I knew because Katherine told me all about her. "She was Katherine's handmaid and a witch." Stefan reveals. She looks at him shocked. "You know about Bonnie." Elena says. Well yeah. He nods. "The first night when you invited me over I made the connection." Stefan says. I wonder if he ever saw me when I showed Bonnie my magic. Elena sighs. "And now Damon knows and for some reason he wants that necklace." She says. "What does it look like?" I ask. "It's um...an antique iron setting with a..." She says but is interrupted by Stefan. "With an amber crystal. I know that. It belonged to Katherine I gave it to her which means that..." Stefan says trailing off in realisation. Oh no he figured it out. "What?" Elena asks. "I don't know but I'm going to figure it out I need to talk to Damon." He says turning to walk away. I think he knows. I turn my head my face paling if she finds out that they know that she's alive she will come back and I'll have to run. "Would he tell you?" Elena asks. "No." Stefan says looking at me. "But he'll tell me." I say finishing. I nod. "I'll come with you." I say walking with him away.