~Chapter 11- Decorating~

The day went pretty fast, Marco and Jackie kept watching different movies, until they had to get changed into their clothes and Jackie gave Marco his hoodie back.

"I'll walk you home..." Marco wished she could stay for longer but it was getting late, and he had to get ready for school tomorrow.

"Thanks Marco!" Jackie grabbed her coat and they walked out the door, it was dark out and lampposts were lighting up the street, making a romantic, but slightly eerie environment.

They walked the short distance to Jackie's house and they kissed goodbye. Marco was forced to walk back home alone.

~Marco's pov~

I managed to get home, walking alone got pretty lonely, I had to admit, but it was nice to spend some time away from everyone and complanate my feelings. Marco, if you don't let star into your heart, you wont miss her when she's gone, its easy.

I breathed In heavily and swung open my front door.

At least I thought it would be easy.

I rushed upstairs and hopped straight into the shower, it was cold out and the warmth was nice.

I heard my phone buzzing from my bedroom, I guessed it was the group chat and took no notice, I'd tried to leave several times, but each time Ferguson or Alfonzo added me straight back.

I shook my head in disappointment and got out the shower, wrapping a towel around me.

I didn't bother to check my phone, I just turned it off and put pyjamas on, I then proceeded to climb into bed, secretly excited to meet my new house-mate.

"Marco!!" I heard my mum shout from downstairs.

I pretended I was sleeping and didn't answer, it was only until she came up when I answered her.

"Whats up?"

"I need you to do me a favour, take these and dot them around Star's room, please, I have some other work to deal with, and this will really help, make sure its spotless." My mum placed a plastic-bag on my floor and I got up reluctantly.

I picked up the bag and looked inside, it was full of lots of new things, like shampoo bottles and statues to liven up the room, I heard my mum preparing a welcoming meal for tomorrow, I always wondered why she was so last-minute.

I went into Star's room and turned the light on, it was empty and did need decorating, I got to work, placing statues in the window-sill and placed a lamp on her bedside table. I stood back and looked at my work, proud, and then I remembered about the bottles of shampoo and other things Star needed. I began to pack the drawers full of her bottles and other novelties.

At this point I needed sleep, so I threw the empty plastic bag away and got into bed, falling asleep straight away.