0.18 » eleven

I wasn't sure about how much time had passed so far exactly, but it certainly had been a while.

They had brought Will back to the house and into his bedroom a while ago. Everybody was awfully tense and for a few minutes I even regretted having joined Steve and the others on their mission to find and kill Dustins demogorgon. It started to get on my nerves how they were hovering, as if someone would just walk in and shoot all of us any moment. But we would notice - it was too quiet not to.
Besides, we had Loki and he would most definitely react to any sort of noise from outside, especially if it was a demogorgon. I was sure they had some sort of negative energy widely radiating around them.

"Nancy could you please sit down!?" I snapped and she jumped, instinctively pointing her gun towards me. "Jeez, calm down, it won't get us anywhere if you end up collapsing because your body starts to produce too much adrenaline. And before you ask, yes that's a thing that can happen." - "I know that!" She fired back and I sighed. "Of course you do."

"Oh what's that irony supposed to mean? Huh!?"

She really was on edge today - or at least more than usual.

I leaned back and stared at the ceiling, slowly massaging my temple at the headache that was starting to form. I heard Nancy scoff yet again and Steve sat back down on the floor in front of me.

"If I'm gonna hear one more 'Told you to stay home' from you I'm actually gonna murder you," I said and held up my hand. "Yes I probably still have a concussion. Yes my anxiety is skyrocketing after what happened. Yes I'd much rather be asleep in my bed right now. But I'm here now and what kind of an awful person would I be if I just bailed on you guys now. Plus you can bet your ass I'm not leaving with all those things out there."

My best friend suppressed a laugh and smiled at me. "I forgot how much you tend to talk when you're on edge." - "Ha Ha, real funny Harrington." - "Alright sorry, it isn't funny, I get it." He held up his hands in defense again and smiled sheepishly.

How on earth had Nancy dumped him for Jonathan - I mean I understood, shared trauma and all that, plus he was fairly attractive as well I had to admit, still just dumping Steve like that ... I shook my head and pulled myself back into reality.

Whatever they did with their relationships - it was none of my business really. I just wished Steve wouldn't be so hurt, because when he was hurt he looked like a puppy who out got kicked by someone, and that only made things worse.

There was a sudden noise outside and all of us jumped up, Loki ran over to the door and began growling. I grabbed the closest thing to a weapon that I could find and ended up with a plank of wood. Wait a sec you have a gun, my inner voice reminded me and I sighed, looking around.

Without a word I took the candle holder Mike had picked up and gave him the plank as I pulled out the gun from behind the couch pillows. He gave me a quick nod before focusing on the door again, while I aimed at the window.

"What's happening out there?" Dustin asked and at least three people shushed him.

There were several demadogs out there, judging from what I could hear. But it wasn't just them - there was something else, and possibly stronger and more dangerous.

It sounded like there was a fight; we all lined up and aimed at either door or window. I waited for Hopper to give us some sort of instruction but he didnt say anything. Why wasnt he saying anything?!
The screeching from the demadogs suddenly stopped, i stepped forward a bit, when something came crashing through the window and I jumped back, almost knocking over the coffee table.

Then everything was quiet.

I took a few deep breaths and examined the body that had almost knocked me out just a few seconds ago. It was one of them, one of the demadogs.

"Is it dead?"

Hopper walked over to me and shoved it to the side with his foot, nodding at us.

We all exchanged a few worried looks when someone began unlocking the door from outside and I readjusted my gun, releasing the safety catch.

I could feel the electricity in the air as we all held our breaths, only waiting to either attack the intruder or be attacked.

But when the door slowly opened there was no demadog or demogorgon or any other monster.

It was Eleven.

I only heard Mike drop the plank and walk up to the front as the girl looked at him intently - she'd changed a lot. She was wearing all black, thick eyeliner and had her hair styled to the back. She looked really badass, but it was rather unfitting considering her age ... then again, who was I to judge.

"Eleven?" - "Mike!"

They fell into each other's arms and just held each other for a while; talking quietly but I didn't pay much attention to what they were saying and instead stared down on the dead monster at my feet.

Suddenly Jim pulled Mike over to another room and shut the door behind them - all I could hear was Mike yelling until everything grew silent.

We all exchanged a few worried looks before Eleven greeted everyone, gave me a short nod and went to hug Joyce.

I dropped back down on the couch as Loki was still growling at the dead demadog - Steve let out a deep sigh and placed his bat next to the kitchen table.

Joyce and Eleven went over to Wills room after some time while the rest of us stayed in the main area of the small house. It grew silent again, the electricity from before still lingering in the air. There were some discussions going on but I wasn't listening any more. I just wanted this to be over and sleep for two weeks.

"Okay, guys," Hopper walked in and we all gathered around him as El and Joyce came back as well. "The- the thing likes it cold, like Will said. Joyce and Jonathan are gonna take him to a place he doesn't know and try burn out the thing from his body. We need to look for anything that produces heat, the more the better. Eleven and me are gonna go to the Lab and she will close the gate." - "And what about us?", Dustin asked.

Hopper shook his head. "You're staying back here. Steve and Lucy will be looking after you, don't you even think about doing something stupid, alright?"

Quickly everybody swarmed out to look for and collect heaters - soon enough loading everything into Jonathan's car.

Nancy was going to leave with them as well, to my surprise Steve had asked her to do so.

We stood on the porch as the two cars drove off into the night, leaving us behind ...