8- tithe

Beginning of the school year

I am walking into the library, since I have no friends I am going to go the library. I've been looking up the histroy of Derry. A book is place on the desk, and I look up to see a girl.

" Hi " she hums

" Hi " she hums.

" Hi " I comment looking back at my page. I look at her, and she is reading a book named tithe.

" It's a good book, by the way " she says placing it down.

" Really? Maybe I can put it on my list " I comment.

" You're the new kid on the block right? " She asks.

" Yeah I am " I say.

" What are you doing? " She asks moving to the chair next to me.

" Looking at articles about this town. This town is weirder than all of the other ones I've been too " I comment.

" I wish I've been to other towns, I've lived here my whole life " she says looking at another article.

" It's pretty cool " I tell her.

" I bet " she tells me. " How many articles have you read? " She asks.

" Like 70, I have like no friends " I comment.

" Well you have one now " she says with a smile." Oh I'll be right back! " She adds. She stands up, and runs somewhere. She comes back, and puts an article down. " This one can be you 71st article " she comments smiling.

" Thanks " I tell her with a grin.

" We should go get ice cream come on! " She tells me helping me pick up some of the stuff.

We get there, and just get regular ice cream cones. " I'm Ben by the way " I say.

" Y/N " she says back. I notice a scar on her shoulder.

" What happened? " I ask pointing to her shoulder.

" I had an accident one time, doing a trick shot on my bike. Land right on my right shoulder, " she comments.

" That sucks " I say.

" Yeah, why I usually don't do trick shots anymore " she says.

" I wouldn't if that happened. " I laugh, we both start to laugh. I see a boy with belched hair giving me draggers through his eyes. " Do you know that guy? " I ask.

" Oh yeah, don't let him bother you, with his friends as well. " She comments.

" I won't, or at least try. They seem rude, and the tall one seems crazy, " I comment. She starts laughing.

" He is " she says keeping on laughing. We leave, and ride to my house. " Wow you've done a lot of research " she adds.

" Yeah, when your alone all summer then it makes since " I comment.