Chapter 10

X A V I E R J O N E S

"you guys would make a cute couple." jamie said as we made our way to our first period.
"we're just friends and that's all it's ever going to be." i told him.
"i bet you twenty dollars you guys will end up dating, deal?" he asked.
"deal." i replied shaking his hand.
after school, audrey was over helping me with my homework again.
"you really suck at math." she laughed picking up the paper. "what's your grade?"
"it's a C." i replied. "and lemme guess audrey snipper has straight A's?"
"no shit. it's called actually studying and paying attention in class." she responded.
"shut up and teach me how to do this." i told her.
she stood up and sat next to me on my bed to explain the hard concept.
"it's simplifying factions, it's not hard. we learned it in like six grade." she started, showing me the paper. "look, the fraction is 50/200 they both can be divided by something. what can they be divided by?"
"fifty, i think." i replied.
"yeah, so now you've got to divide them both by fifty." she told me.
"and you'd get 1/4, right?" i asked.
"there you go." she smiled.
she moved her hand and put it on top of mine by accident, but quickly moved it the second she realized.
"okay, anything else?" she questioned standing up.
"not for math. i need help with science." i replied.
she groaned and fell on her back on my bed.
"come on, you said you'd help me." i said grabbing her hands and making her sit up.
"i didn't think you needed this much help." she smiled.
then i realized how close our faces were and i was still holding her hands from when i grabbed them.
"can we at least take a break?" she asked moving away from me slightly.
"no, you said no breaks." i responded.
"come on! i'm being nice enough to help you!" she exclaimed falling back on my bed.
i went to pull her up again, but ended up falling down on top of her. we both started laughing, but both stopped once we noticed how close we were, once again. i put my hand in her hair, brushing it back gently then came closer to kiss her, but she had moved her head the other way.
"i'm sorry i just made things real fucking awkward between us." i said getting off of her.
"no, it's okay." she replied. "it's just i can't be one of your toys or whatever you were planning on. i've had my heartbroken one too many times and i can't let happen again."
"you really think i would do something like that?" i asked brushing my hand through my hair.
"it's the world we live in, xavier, i don't know what to think anymore." she responded.
"if i didn't like you, i wouldn't hang out with you, rey. you said it yourself, i could have any girl. if i was looking for a toy, i would've had one by now." i told her.
"if you can do these two math problems you can kiss me." she said.
"gimme the damn paper." i smiled.
she laughed and handed me a paper with two problems she had made.
"you gave me fucking hard problems." i said.
"your choice, do them or don't." she replied.
she opened up her laptop as i worked on the two problems she gave me.
after twenty minutes, i had finally finished them.
"finished." i said handing her the paper.
she looked it over and smiled.
"you didn't get either." she laughed.
"are you kidding me?" i asked taking the paper from her.
"but i didn't say they had to be right." she smiled.
i put the paper down and moved closer to her. i put my hand in her hair again, pushing it out of her face gently then put my other on her cheek. she lifted up her and put it on top of my hand that was on her cheek as we got closer to each other. our lips finally touched and i smiled into the kiss as she put her other hand on my neck.
"xavier, i ne—." skye started as she opened my bedroom door.
we both quickly backed away from each other and audrey looked away from her.
"oh my god, wait are you two a thing?" she asked.
"do you need something?" i questioned, ignoring her question.
"i was going to see if you had a ruler, but i didn't expect to see you having your tongue down audrey's throat." she replied.
i stood up and closed the door on her.
"oh my god!" audrey exclaimed covering her face with her hands and falling back on my bed.
"i should've looked the door." i laughed.
"no shit, you should've!" she exclaimed sitting up.
she starting grabbing her things and putting her stuff in her bag.
"where are you going?" i asked.
"home, xavier, you realize if people find out about whatever this us is and that we kissed i'll be bringing you down and i can't be that reason." she said frantically grabbing her stuff.
"audrey, stop." i replied grabbing her hands and making her look at me.
"no, xavier, what happened was a mistake. i'm a liability to you, i can't keep dragging you down." she told me trying to pull her hands away from me.
"audrey, seriously stop." i said putting my hands on both sides of her face. "you're not a liability towards me and you're not dragging me down. i told you already, i wouldn't be hanging out with you if i didn't like you. okay?"
"okay." she nodded. "but i'm going to beat your ass if you say something that sweet again."
i pulled her into another kiss and she didn't back away this time.
"so, now that we're dating—." i started once we backed away.
"woah, woah, woah, slow down. i never said we are dating." she interrupted.
"are we not?" i asked.
"fine, but it stays between you and i." she replied.
"okay, fair enough." i agreed. "but you said if we did, you'd tell me your biggest secret."
"you can't get mad." she said her face softening. "like, you seriously can not get mad."
"of course i won't get mad." i replied.
"okay..." she sighed

. . .

opinions on the couple?
i hope you like them because i do. like a lot 😂

what do you think her secret is?

feel free to comment suggestions! 💗