Chapter 73: A New Friend and a New Foe!

Natsume's pov

I was so tired after we had come back from Clove Town, when we got back everybody celebrated because I managed to take down a big shot villain that had escaped the Magic council, I didn't think it was that big of a deal but it was great knowing that Mika and her town were now protected by Cry Bomanta although they were a dark guild. I stayed with Lucy because Miss Namaki was renovating the apartment building, "Thanks Lucy, for letting me stay." I smiled at her, as I towel dried my hair.

"It was no problem. Besides, I think it's better you're here rather than finding Natsu asleep in my bed with his cat." She stated, turning to me as she put her hair in a side ponytail. I let out a sigh and shook my head, "I think I know why my brother likes to break in here so often." I smirked as she looked over at me, her smile dropped and she became intrigued.

"Why?"

"I think it's because he likes you. And you beat him up cause you like him." I stated, "What?!!" Lucy's face grew red as she became embarrassed.

She started yelling, making me laugh as I gave her a pat on the shoulder. "Lucy, it's fine if you like my older brother. Besides you two make a great couple." I smiled at her and then walked out of the room. She followed me out of the house with Lucky trailing behind her, "Oh yeah, then what about you and Gray? You guys were gone for so long and when we came to get you two, you guys were jumpy. You were bright red, missy. Which makes me wonder? You two probably kissed." I froze and blushed bright red.

"How do you know that?" I turned my face towards her and she got a look, as if she was surprised. "Why are you so surprised?" I pointed at her, "Because I was only bluffing. I only said that to make you embarrassed. Don't tell me you two actually kissed back at the hotel?!"

"Well......" I said, looking away and twiddled with my fingers. I started walking away and managed to get inside the guild hall before Lucy grabbed my shoulder, Lucky wasn't around meaning she probably went to hang with Happy, Carla or Pantherlily.

"Natsume did you two kiss back at the hotel?" I was turned to face her, "I. Uh.....Uh...." I couldn't bare to answer the question. "Hey girls, what's up?" I quickly shook my blush away and looked to see Laxus standing there. "Oh it's Laxus." Lucy let go of my arm and I smiled, patting him on the chest. "You saved me! I owe you one." I walked over to the bar and sat down asking Kinana for something to drink. "Hey Natsume!!! I got us a job!!" Natsu slammed down a piece of paper and I sighed as Kinana gave me my drink. I took a sip of my shake and looked down at the paper, taking it from off the counter.

"So we're supposed to help this guy find the thief that has been stealing stuff from the owner's shack that he works at?" I asked Natsu, as Gray sat down beside me at the bar. "Yeah, I think it's the perfect job. And besides the place we're the guy works sells food. So we can get all the food we want their-" Erza smacked him on the back of the head.

"The food is not that important. Catching the thief is." She stated.

"Alright then, let's go!" Lucky happily raised her paw.

"Let me go let Mira know." Erza took the mission and walked away and a few minutes later, she came back.

"I bought back Juvia. She'll be coming with us for today." Erza stated, patting Juvia on the shoulder and I smiled. "Alright this will be awesome!!! Juvia, the pretty rain woman is gonna kick some butt with her fire and Ice Dragon Slayer best friend!!"

Lucy sweatdropped as I said this with a huge smile and high fived Juvia, who was smiling at my comment. "Let's get our show on the road!!" I pulled Gray and Natsu's arm and ran out of the guild hall.

"Bye Gajeel!!! Bye Laxus!!"

Twenty minutes later...

"So this is the place?" I stared at the shack, we were standing in front of. "Yep, apparently this is where the guy who made the request said it was. It looks like they serve people too." I looked around, seeing the chairs and table set up nicely.

"Hello?" Happy was in Lucy's arms, while Lucky was in mine. "Hello?" An older guy and a younger male followed him out of the shack. "Fairytail! Thank goodness you made it!" The younger male cried. "Gramps, these are the people I told you about. They're gonna help catch that thief." I looked to the younger male, he must have been around my age and he had long blonde hair. He had big brown eyes much like Lucy's and I shifted my eyes to the older male. "We're here to help you in any way we can." Erza stepped forward, letting them know she was most likely in charge. "Thank you, really. We've lost so much money from that young fellow that keeps stealing from here." The older male spoke up.

"Well, let me introduce ourselves. My name is Natsume, this is Lucky. That's Happy and Lucy." Lucy waved and Happy smiled. "My twin brother Natsu and my friend Gray. That's Juvia and lastly this is Erza. It's nice to meet you. As Erza said before, we will do anything to help you catch that thief." I put Lucky down on the ground and stepped forward.

"Well, I should introduce myself now that you have." The older guy said. "My name is Joseph and this is my apprentice Jean." Jean gave a small wave to us before his eyes landed on me and he smiled. Why did he smile at me though?

I can already tell this is going to be not only exciting, but it might be crazy. "So can I ask Mr. Joseph,  when does the thief usually strike?" Erza asked, as well sat down inside for some tea. He invited us in. "Usually around lunch time. That's when we're the busiest. But I have to warn you know, he knows a great knowledge of magic. If you run into him, please be careful."

A/N, the video at the top shows my bias from my all time favorite Kpop Group. EXO. Those boys work very hard and I honestly appreciate them and everything they do for us fans. Anyways.... How do you like the story so far? This is actually the last chapter before I'm heading to the Key Of The Starry Heavens Arc. I'm excited to do that arc.