Prolouge

A/N Hey guys! I wrote this story on a different fanfiction cite and never finished it. I decided I would redo it and upload it here as this is the cite I use the most. I know it's been awhile sine the days of the Hobbit, but I love the idea and really want to finish it so I hope you enjoy it!

Not many believe that it's alive. They could not be more wrong. It is very alive, thriving waiting for it's time. The stories, the lore speak of it as a male but that is in correct as well. She walks amongst them disguised as one of their own to hear the whispers of the young dwarf prince. Rumor has it that he proved himself as a leader by killing the pale orc and is planning to take by the lost kingdom of Erebor. She would never let that happen.

As of late she had sensed a growing power in the south. It was a power that she hadn't felt in an agebut she was all to familiar with it. She attempted to learn information among the people of Laketown but the neither cared or noticed. However word of the dwarf "king" was ever prominent. It was said that he was gathering a group of misfit dwarves together to take her mountain and gold from her and she will never allow it.

She wandered around the empty mountain halls for days. She knew she needed a plan to take down the so-called king. She needed a way to work her spell into the king's heart without him knowing and when he's at his most vulnerable, when everyone he loves abandons him that's when she'll char his flesh and devour him for a snack. However she was afraid leave her hold unguarded, but the front was sealed and only she knew of the secret passage. Besides the fear that her name sparks in the heart of all people. No one would be bold enough to step foot in her mountain even if she could.

With her plan formulated, she morphed into her human form, something she didn't do often. But she needed to. She would go to the puny dwarf and plant her dragon sickness in him. Whatever she must to protect her mountain. Now a human girl, she search the various chambers in Erebor for the appropriate armour and weapons, though she didn't need it. After she found what she was looking or she left the mountain in search of Thorin Oakenshield. He should've known better than to mess with Smaug the Terrible.