xiv. wrestling matches.

*✲゚*。⋆ 𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐀 *✲゚*。⋆
[ xiv. chapter fifteen; wrestling matches. ]

☸︎

        Elle and Amir stared each other off, both their eyes narrowed

        Elle and Amir stared each other off, both their eyes narrowed. They were bent over, hands outstretched. The only thing they were doing was going in circles, waiting who struck the first move. Usually, it was Elle who did, but this time, Amir flung himself forward.

        Elle was smaller than Amir, giving her an advantage over him. She watched as Amir crashed into the wall, a loud thud echoing around the room. They were currently in an empty room, filled with nothing but a table in the corner. One of the crew had led them inside, saying something about how they were too loud.

        "Ow," Amir groaned, rubbing his forehead, "that hurt."

        "You shouldn't have done that." Elle laughed, going over to help him. "Idiot."

        "Woah, Elle," Amir said, faking shock, "are you...being nice? Oh, my god, this is life changing!"

        Elle rolled her eyes, hitting his arm gently. "Shut up, I was about to beat you again."

        Amir shook his head. "This is abuse."

        "Yeah, animal abuse," Elle countered, sticking her tongue out at him. "Wow, no applause for that? How rude."

        Amir put his hand over his heart, sighing dramatically. Their eyes were on the door as it was being opened, hoping it was someone who'd let them out. Instead, it was Marcel. His own eyes focused on Elle, who was staring right back at him.

        "Oh, there you guys are." Marcel looked out the door again. "Ana's been looking for you guys for the past hour."

        "Some crew guy told us to wait in here," Elle explained, shrugging. "Guess he forgot about us."

        Marcel gave her a slight nod, his gaze going to Amir. "So, what were you doing in here?"

        "Elle and I were wrestling," Amir replied, "and I won."

        "No mientas, puta," Elle commented, giving him a look. "I won, he's weak."

        "Alright, then let's wrestle," Marcel offered, "you and me, Elle."

        "Uh..." Elle thought for a moment. "Sure, okay."

        "Yes, some Melle action!" Amir cheered, letting out a loud whoop. "You get him, Elle, you're doing amazing sweetie!"

        The two bent over, arms outstretched the way Elle and Amir were earlier. They circled each other, waiting to see who would attack first. Elle shot forward, jumping onto Marcel. She had him pinned to the floor. Thinking she won, her grip loosened. That was a mistake. Marcel took that as an opportunity to flip her over, so now she was on the floor.

        He was hovering over her, almost forgetting Amir was in the room. Almost. Elle kicked her knee up, hitting him in the stomach. Marcel fell as Elle scampered out from under him, laying on the floor as she stood. Elle brushed herself off, helping him up afterward. She held his hand, scrunching upper face when he intertwined their fingers.

        "Ew." Elle quickly took her hand away, but only because she wasn't sure of what to make out of the feeling in her chest. And because Amir was there.

        "Damnit, I'm cockblocking you guys," Amir exclaimed, "I'll just go."

        They watched as Amir left, an awkward silence coming over them. Elle and Marcel stared at their feet, fidgeting with their fingers. Occasionally, one would glance at the other. Sometimes, they'd catch the other staring.

        "So, are you still free?" He asked, silently hoping the answer was yes.

        "No, I'm now 3.95," Elle joked, making them both laugh. "I'm kidding, my dude. And to answer your question, yes."

        "Oh, great." Marcel took her by the hand, leading her out of the room. "Because I don't have any scenes to film right now, and you have nothing to do."

        "Actually, I-"

        "You know what, Elle? We are going to hang out so you can fall in love with me, okay?"

         Elle snorted, rolling her eyes. "Not gonna happen, but okay."

        "It will," he shot back. "You just haven't seen it yet."

        "Seen what?" Elle's voice was sarcastic. "Our bond? The connection we have? Those don't exist."

        "Why are you raining on my parade?" Marcel asked rhetorically, faking hurt. "You're breaking my heart."

        "Ah, que bueno."

        They were now outside, where Ana stood waiting. The blue-haired girl whirled around at the sound of their footsteps, a worried look on her face. "Elle! There you are, I've been looking for you. Do that again, and I'm calling your mom."

        Elle was quiet, a little intimidated by her tone. "Oh, Amir and I were wrestling. Then Marcel came over, and got us out."

        Amir joined the group seconds later, followed by Isabella. "Okay, before you say anything, they almost kissed."

        All four sounded surprised. "What?"

        "Yeah, I just wish I recorded it," Amir continued, oblivious to the tension, "when Elle and Marcel were wrestling."

        The older girls looked over at the two younger kids with sly grins. "Aw, we ship it."

        "It's not a thing, it never will be." Instead of Elle denying it, this time is was Marcel who did. "We're just friends, that's all we'll ever be."

        Elle's face fell for a brief moment, a painful pang in her chest. She quickly replaced it with a blank look, something she'd gotten very good at doing. Everyone only saw her blank expression, everyone except Marcel himself. One thought ran through his mind: why was that so hard to say?

        Maybe it was because the previous week had been spent with every second together. Elle and Marcel had gotten to know so much about each other, and not just the simple things like their favorite colors or foods they liked. It was little things like playful punches and harmless flirting. Or maybe that wasn't so harmless after all. It was in that moment that he realized what that meant.

        Marcel really, really liked Elle.

        And Elle really, really liked Marcel.