Where it all began

That's Leon right there ^

I'm Leon, Leon Tyler. A typical sixteen year old shut-in who spends all my time on anime, manga, novels and the like. I can't really say typical due to the constantly increasing digits in my bank account but other than that I'm just your average teenager that you can find in the streets.

I'm unfortunately also known as the rude kid who lazes around at home. I can't help it, it's just that there is no other point in doing anything as doing nothing is better than doing anything. But I'm actually not doing nothing as I'm being homeschooled which sucks.

I also get constantly roped in by both my older and younger sister to help them with otome games. From reverse harem to BL, and any genres, you name it, and I might just know what you are talking about.

Jenna, my one year older sister, constantly pesters me to help win the capture targets hearts, as I am somehow extremely good at this aspect. She somehow found out about me trying out and constantly capturing hearts in an otome game that Audrey, my fourteen year old younger sister persuaded me to try.

She said that it was not as shitty or cliché as the other otome games I witnessed her playing as it is an extremely common plot with characters with similar personalities to that of other otome games.

It was a good thing that it was exactly the same as what she said, or I will personally destroy her progress with the different male leads in her favourite otome game which is not as bad as the ones previously mentioned.

Today is me day, as my mother and sisters are out on their bi-weekly girls outing on Saturday. And my father's out handling the business as he is the CEO so he must definitely be there as there is an extremely important business deal going on, leaving me alone in our five storey home in the suburbs.

I lazed around for a while before turning on my laptop to go to my favourite novel site. I decided to look at my notifications as my favourite author posted a notification saying that they would update the last chapter of my favourite novel yesterday.

I was extremely excited for the final chapter of my favourite Chinese novel, The Crimson Swordsman. I have been reading it since the day it was published, making me feel like a parent watching it grow up.

The author, sadly enough, does not have a schedule for publishing new chapters, but they finally decided to update after six months. It's a good thing that I taught myself Mandrin so that I don't need to endlessly wait for the translation.

Six months! Six months of endless waiting and it's finally here! "I hope it's gonna be good." I muttered anxiously, clicking on the link for the new chapter that was posted a couple of minutes ago.

I read it once, before reading it again five times. 'There's something wrong with this chapter, it's full of plot holes and the ending doesn't add up. Who just randomly calls the villain to meet up and just stabs him after seeing him? I know he's not the best person, but this is just fucked up on so many levels.'

I was hoping for a epic battle between the protagonist and the villain, with all the younger brothers and harem members in the mix along with the villain's trusted allies, not this crap! All the other endings of the previous novels were just as expected, but this? This was just terrible. Just what went wrong?

I almost wanted to write a scathing comment, but I remembered that I am one of those silent readers, just reading and no comments or reviews to the author. I'm just too lazy to even put my fingers near the keyboard to express my opinion.

However I decided to look at the comments section to see what are their opinions about it and hopefully a reply from the author as they would stay online for an hour or two before either starting a new novel or take a short break from writing.