1

Fights like these shouldn't happen at my age... Our age. These old cliché young relationships, the accidental kisses, long walks along the beach, sneaking out, the promises to forever be by each other's side, the secrecy with the bond to each other. That's what being in a relationship at 16 is all about.

For I had fallen for the luscious and curly locks of brown hair, those emerald green eyes, the pasty olive skin, the emotive smile of him, my Harry.

The thing is, being young, naive and childish, these relationships fault. Even if you know you've found the one. My issue was showing supportive nature towards him. I love him so much, I want him to pursue his dreams, however I'm afraid of the foreseeable neglect of me.

"Phoenix. You got to listen to me. This is really what I want to do. I love to sing and you know that, One Direction in X-Factor will make me and I'll bring you along with me for the ride. I promise you." He stands at the door of my family's apartment on October the 2nd, 2010, absolutely torn.

"Harry. You have girls all over you already. This is your dream but you'll end up finding someone better, prettier, smarter, more talented. Simon seems so fond of you and your new band and I just know it'll break us apart. You may become so famous and tour the world, you'll never see me. I don't think this will work for us anymore." I held back my tears. If his X-Factor success continues excelling at this rate, he won't have time for us anymore.

"Phoe. Don't do this to us." He reaches for me.

"We fight all the time Harry! This isn't healthy for us. You're my sunshine and happiness and that's it. Nothing makes me happy anymore because I've spent so much time with you. I need to find my happiness again Haz, I need you to go on with your dream and life without having the burden of me. You need to be free." I take a deep breath and straighten my shoulders. "Look. I think everyone finds their true love eventually. We are young Harry, so young, and maybe we are meant to be. But we don't know these things. We need to explore the world and figure our own shit out. Maybe if we met in the future this would've worked out, however at the moment it isn't. We need time and if we are meant to be, who knows what'll happen. But this cannot go on."

"Phoe..." He diminishes an exhausted breath. "I really need you. We need each other."

My angelic boy, naive and innocent. This is what I'm trying to tell him. We can't be this reliant on each other at our age. It's completely unhealthy. He needs to live his own life and I need to live mine also.

"I'm doing this because I love you dearly Harry. I always will. But no matter what you do this won't work. I'm moving to Australia very soon and you're focusing on X-Factor and your career and I can't be here to support you. I'll be far away and a long distance relationship won't work. Maybe this is for the best." I back away from the door and begin to shut it. I hate fighting with him. I'm becoming unhappy with the only thing keeping me sane. This is why we aren't working.

"Phoenix! What! Why didn't you tell me this. Please stay with me. We can work this out." He pleads.

"Goodbye Harry. Don't forget about me." I close the door and allow the tears to flow. His drained and heartbroken expression is one I will never forget.

I slid down the door and clutched my knees. Sobbing into my folded arms I let loose. This is what's best for us, I know, but it's so hard to let go of him. I resisted against every will power to open that door and hug him and tell him everything was okay, but it wasn't. I wasn't okay. Not anymore.

I left him there, sitting in the apartment block hallway, resting against the door. I had broken him that day but we both knew it was for the best for now.

Hours past yet the shadow of his self was evident from beneath the crack of the door. The shadow later faded away, moved on, but he left a note. Four simple words...

"Nothing else will do."

I kept this note. I kept it with me in a locket that I wear everyday. I feel empty without it. Because no matter how hard I tried I couldn't let go of him. The move to Australia was difficult also. Moving to a country that felt so different but yet extremely similar to home was mind boggling to me. We moved to Sydney, I got settled in, and my secret love with Harry Styles was never mentioned to or by anyone. Yet this was no different to at home either.

Low and behold Harry's band excelled tremendously in the music industry. I watched him grow up for a few years, I could tell he had moved on. I saw the girlfriends, boyfriend conspiracies and even allowed myself to go to one of his shows, the Take Me Home Tour. I sat far away in order to not be noticed and I was so happy that he'd achieved what he wanted.

In that moment I knew I made the right decision for us, but I still didn't feel right. The stab to the chest knowing I broke his heart still haunts me to this day. Throughout the show I clasped the locket tightly and smiled.

From then on I decided it was time to truly move on. I cut the stunning boy out of my mind and sight with my own personal therapy and ended up achieving my goal. I got a full time job as an architect and enjoyed life with my pet Pomeranian Lulu and my best friend Cleo.

Life was a smooth and steady climb until Cleo beaconed me with news...

an:
Oh hi. So yeah I'm back. It's like 2:30am and I have work in the morning and I decided to write a book. Go me.

I know it's cringe and cliche atm but I have no idea to begin the plot and it's late at night and this seems like a cool start. It'll get better hope!

Share this with friends and let me know if you like it so far :))
Tash x