6

I walk over to the entrance to backstage, Cleo following closely behind me. A gruff bodyguard stands in the doorway sternly.

Hesitantly, I hand the note to him and watch as his eyes scan the paper. He nods harshly and moves to the side, allowing Cleo and I to pass through swiftly.

Another kind of scary looking body guard directs us through what feels like a prolonging maze. What am I going to say? What do I do when I see him. What is his reaction going to be. Gosh, I don't know.

The body guard stops at the door. "Harry Styles", says the little star on the door. I hear humming from the other side of the door, he's probably pacing around getting prepared for this, you know. Reunion.

"Oh my gosh I cannot wait." Cleo groans abruptly, grasping my wrist and knocking on the door for me. I stare at her with wide eyes and she winks, I don't want to call her out for her hands noticeably shaking, because I'm not mean like her.

"Won't be a moment." An angelic voice says through the door. A few seconds later, the door opens to reveal my ex. He, standing tall and beautifully, is wearing a pair of black vans, black skinny jeans and a plain white t-shirt.

"Oh my gosh. Phoe. That's the iconic Harry Styles outfit. I'm weak." Cleo squeal-whispers behind me.

"Classy Cleo. Brilliant first impression." I turn to her, rolling my eyes.

"Who's this, I'm assuming you're a fan." Harry chuckles. "Oh and come in, please."

"Yeah she is, this is my friend Cleopatra. She's a huge fan." I say, stepping inside the dressing room with Cleo following close behind me. "You can actually thank her for dragging me along to your concert..."

"You're welcome." Cleo rolls her eyes sarcastically.

"Thank you, I owe you one Cleopatra." Harry smiles softly. "If you don't mind could I have a moment with Phoenix?"

"Go ahead. I'm gonna help myself to the chips and comfy couch over here." Cleo points, giving him a wide smile before squealing and heading over to the seat.

After watching my best friend be herself, I notice this is really happening. I turn my head towards Harry. I like his hair this length, scruffy and short. Oh how I missed those eyes. Oh gosh. I don't know what I am doing...

"Hi." He smiles, reluctantly.

"Hi." I rub my arm hesitantly.

"I never thought I'd ever see you again Phoe." He smiles, the tension between us growing tremendously.

"Neither..." I sigh in return.

After a short pause Harry watches me, looking me all over. It's as if he's scanning me or something. What really surprises me is him stepping forward and wrapping my body into his into a tight hug.

Stiffening from the foreign gesture, I sigh and wrap my arms tightly around his lower back. I snuggle my head into his chest and control my breathing.

"I missed you. So much." He whispers, laying his cheek on the top of my head.

"I missed you too.." I start to sniffle. Oh no, I tried to give myself a pep talk and not cry. Obviously that was chucked out the window.

"No, baby girl.. please don't cry." He pulls me off his chest and uses his thumb to gently wipe away the tears that had so rudely shown up to this reunion.

"I'm so sorry I hurt you. I don't know what I was thinking." I cried, looking down at my feet. "I was a stupid kid doing what I thought was best, and all I achieved was losing the love of my life."

"Baby. Don't. We all make mistakes." He kisses the top of my forehead. The nostalgic feeling gave me butterflies in my tummy and caused tingles to run down my spine.

Without a second thought, I jumped up into his arms and cling onto him like a monkey, cuddling my body into him by wrapping my legs around his torso and my arms over his shoulders, tucking my chin into the crook of his neck.

He chuckles at the movement, grappling his arms around me.

"I'm so glad to see you again, Phoenix. You don't even understand." He smiles widely at me.

"Fuck! Oh my gosh this is so adorable!" Cleopatra screams. Harry and I look over at her filming us and squealing. Rolling my eyes I snuggle myself back into his neck. "This is totally going on my story oh yes." She adds.

Harry puts me down after a few short minutes. Looking down to me with a processing look on his face.

"Where are you headed? Like where are you guys staying?" Harry asks us.

"Well back home I guess. We are catching the train and it comes-" I check my phone. "Shit like soon. We gotta go." I sigh and look up at him.

"Cleo, we gotta go." I fiddle with my fingers and look over at her. She stares at me with wide eyes and stands up.

"There's no way in hell I'm letting you leave so soon." She says, snatching my wallet out of my grasp.

"Harry wouldn't want that... plus I really need to go home. I have floor plans to go over." I look at her desperately.

"Hey speak for yourself. I'd do more than anything to have a little extra time with you Phoenix." Harry looks at me.

"Screw your floor plans. Have a day off!" Cleo groans.

"This was my day off. You don't know how important this job is to me..." I growl at her, my temper rising by the second. Don't get me wrong. I'm amazed to be back with Harry again, but this is a lot. He wouldn't want an us and it wouldn't work, still. There's no point in getting attachments again.

"Yeah and so is this!" She fires back, motioning to Harry and I.

"Just please give me my wallet." I plead.

"Okay." She sighs in defeat, handing it over. I look at her in confusion after obtaining my wallet again as she smirks devilishly.

She runs up to Harry and gives him a hug, whispering something in his ear.

"Cleopatra..." I warn.

"See you Monday!" She smiled, waving my train ticket- aka my only way home in the air as she skips off.

"Cleopatra!" I squeal and she skips faster down the hall. "Please! How do I know you'll be safe!" I call to her down the hall.

"Dude I'll be fine. I'm a big girl. Have fun with your man, I love you!" She waves and disappears through the doors at the end of the corridor.

"I love you too." I mutter to myself.

"Didn't realise being around me again would suck that bad." Harry says, coming up behind me and leaning against the doorframe.

I widen my eyes in realisation. "No Harry- no it's not that, I'm so happy to see you again it's just- well-"

"Hey, I get it. You don't really feel the same way you use to." He says, surprisingly calm.

"No not that at all! It's just- I don't know. Too good to be true." I mutter, rubbing my arm at my sudden revelation.

Harry looks at me dearly and gives me a little smile. "C'mere, I'm here now."

He opens his arms out wide and I walk into them, again concealing myself in his strong grip. I take in his scent and sigh in content.

As much as it hurts to admit it. I missed this. I missed him.

AN
yo I keep randomly giving up with wattpad ahah. But I thought to finish this. Pls don't expect updates. I'll try and maybe see where/how this goes