Chapter Eighteen: Help Me

Aiden and Jason arrived at Lana's house. They got out of the car, and Jason paid the cab driver before he drove off. Aiden then faced Lana's house.

"It sucks not to have my car right now." Jason mumbled, before turning around to face Aiden.

"If Lana's parents are so rich, why settle for a house like this?"

"I don't know." Jason replied, before they started walking along the sidewalk. "The truth is, they own about three houses here in Redwood--and that's just in Redwood. I've only been to one other."

"What's it like?"

"It's a mansion. Somewhere up in the hills on a street of its own. I've only been their once when we started dating. Lana mostly stays here because it's closer to school."

Aiden nodded. He then looked up at the sky. It was in the evening and the sun was at the point of setting. "It's getting dark."

"Well let's hurry." Jason sped up his walking. "I don't wanna get there when it's too dark."

Aiden then stopped. "Are we really doing this?"

"What do you mean?" Jason realised Aiden had stopped and stopped as well.

"We're going back there?"

"Yes we're going back there. Come on." Jason started walking again and Aiden hesitantly followed.

They walked together, inspecting their surroundings as best as possible. It was slowly getting darker, as the sun had finally set.

"I'm sorry Jason." Aiden muttered as they approached a corner; the same corner from the night he had to turn the car around in order to escape from their attacker.

"What for?" Jason looked across at him.

"For leaving you behind that night. I should have done something."

"Hey--" Jason held onto his shoulder. "--you did." Aiden looked across at him. "You warned me to get out of that place when that psycho was coming for me." He assured him, and Aiden half-smiled and nodded. "I'm here, and I'm alive. That's all that matters right now."

Aiden nodded once more. "OK." His phone then went off. He reached for it in his pocket and looked at the caller ID.

"It's Miley." He informed Jason.

"You can't tell her we're here."

"Why not?" He then quickly answered it. "Hey."

"Hey, where are you?" Miley asked.

Jason heard her from where he was standing, so he started shaking his head at Aiden. Aiden then mouthed "What should I say" to him.

"I--" Aiden started, waiting on Jason's suggestion.

Jason knitted his forehead while thinking before coming up with an answer. He then mouthed "my place" to Aiden while pointing at himself.

"I'm at Jason's house." He then nodded at Jason.

"OK." She responded. "Can you come over tonight?"

"Yeah. I'll be there." He smiled.

"OK. Bye."

"Bye."

He then hung up.

"Well--?" Jason inquired.

"She bought it."

Jason nodded. "Good." They started walking again, making a turn around the corner. "I don't want anybody to know that we came here."