2

I sped down the street as I heard my parents yelling and screaming after me. I kept driving as I turned up my music and hooked it up to the radio. Teenagers by MCR started playing. I turned into a street that got closet to my destination.

Kasschau High

I drove past the sign that said my school name and watched as I neared a small hill. I stopped the car and looked at the hill. On the other side was the football oval. I could jump it like in movies or I could just use the entrance. Nah.

I reversed until I was at a reasonable distance, turned up the song and stepped on it as soon at the instrumental for Teenagers started.

The car got closer and closer, the speed built up. I reached the hill and stepped on it harder. The car went up in the air like in a movie. "WOO!" I screamed as the car was in the air.

Thud.

The car hit the grass and I cruised to the middle of the oval and parked the car. I turned up the music as my playlist of favourite songs started playing, I rolled down the windows and jumped up onto the hood of the car and lay down, head resting against the windshield.

I lay like that until I heard the familiar 'ding' of my phone. I turned around and looked through the windscreen, my breath fogging up the glass.

PJ: You ok over there? Heard screaming and cars speeding off at your place.

I read the text from my boyfriend through the thick glass, a smile creeping onto my face as I saw who it was from.

Kai: I'm not ok. parents suck. Drove off now at the oval.

I tapped send and turned back to looking out at the sky. The stars were out and down below the oval was a view of the whole city, lights of buildings and houses lighting the area. I smiled at the beautiful view as I thought of PJ. I don't know how I have a boyfriend if I can't even find friends of my own.

I lay, listening to my music and watching the little puffs of air that my breath made in the cool Autumn night. I heard a car engine and froze as I heard a voice.

"Winifred Mary Roberts." The sound of my mothers voice boomed behind me as she used my full name. "You are in so much trouble. Come home now. You're grounded." I heard footsteps coming towards me as I quickly turned around to face my mother. "That's not happening." I said, a smug smile on my face. "Don't be silly." My mum angrily raised her voice a bit.

I quickly slipped through the window of my car and put it in reverse as I reversed out and drove off a small bit. "I'm getting Adrian and my stuff. We're going." I said as I stuck my head out the window. My mum got into her car as I sped off down the street.

"Adrian!" My little brother was in the corner of his room curled up crying. I knelt down. "Get your stuff. We're leaving this hell hole." He looked up at me, a huge bruise on his cheek and nodded as I helped him heap a bunch of his stuff into his backpack and slipped on his shoes as we ran down the stairs and into the car.

"Where are we going?" I heard from next to me. "I don't know, bud, but we're getting away from those assholes as quick as possible." "Good." He smiled, then his face dropped. "What about my other stuff?" He looked worried, I smiled. "We'll come back for that. For now we need to find a way to get them out of our lives." Adrian nodded as we drove. "We can't let them find us." I nodded.

We ended up driving over to the tree house. I parked outside and pulled my backpack, phone and keys out.

We climbed up the ladder to find Skylar sleeping too. I nodded to Adrian and he shook her gently. "Psst! Sky!" I whisper-shouted. She groggily looked up at me. "We're escaping. Our parents are hot on our trail and we need to go, QUICK!" I yelled as she woke up properly. She put my extra jacket, that I gave her on and sat up. "I'm coming." She replied as she helped Adrian up too. I picked up the box of matches and slipped them in my pocket as I walked out and got in the car.

"Where to?" Skylar asked as she looked in the side mirror. "Anywhere." I said as we all drove out of the forest and into the open street. We saw my parents' car driving down the street. "Fuck." I cursed as I hit the steering wheel. "Quick! An opening!" Sky yelled as she pointed to a drive way. We drove into a random open garage and parked the car until they drove past, then backed out and kept driving down the street.

As the playlist of favourite songs were playing, we were driving down a familiar street. My grandparents lived here. I smiled at the memories of them. My car actually was their old one from like the 70s. I kept driving as Adrian pointed out the house.

I decided to pull into a gas station to refill and get a few thingy majigs full of gas for the road.

"Want anything?" I asked Sky and Adrian as I parked the car. "Chips!" Sky and Adrian yelled simultatiously. "You guys are weird. I'm getting chips." I smiled as I got out and shut the door. "Ooh! And the disgusting gas station sandwiches that taste horrible!" I heard Adrian yell as I walked into the little store.

After refilling the car, getting all the gas and food I got back in the car. "Horrible sandwich, chips!" I said as I handed Adrian the sandwich behind me. "Thanks" Sky took the chip packets and put them in the glove compartment. "And of course I got the disgusting burrito that tastes like shit." I smiled as I started the car and started driving when my phone dinged.

"PJ: coming to school by any chance tomorrow?" Sky read out as well drove. "Tell him yes. We're going to school, then taking him with us." I saw Sky nod in the corner of my eye. "What time is it?" "7:12 AM, Ade." I said to Adrian. "I can't believe we're doing this." He beamed from the back.

"Wait its 7 AM? We have to get to school soon!" I yelled and turned into a street leading to Adrian's school.

As we pulled into Adrian's school I stopped the car and looked back to him. "People are searching for us. Don't make any contact with the principal if he says to come to his office. In the afternoon wait underneath the tree, we'll be back early. As for us, Sky. We do the same and notify PJ. Tonight we're going back to get the rest of our clothes and then we're leaving." Adrian nodded as if to say 'ok' to my instructions, put his hood on his head and got out of the car. My phone dinged.

Mum: Your father and I have called the police. There is an interstate search for you. If you don't come back, just remember you're being hunted down like an animal. There are posters everywhere and all over the news all through the state. Good luck being on the run.

I looked back up at Sky.

"We're officially being hunted down. There's an interstate search for us. We're on the run." She looked at me and then shouted for Adrian.

"ADRIAN!" He ran back to the car and we explained the situation. He jumped through the window and into the back seat. As soon as he did that, police cars drove up to the school. Someone tapped on our window. "Excuse me have you seen these people?" My eyes widened and I sped off.

"Shit."